re: using Ted5 on Bio Menace

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
reble

re: using Ted5 on Bio Menace

Post by reble »

I downloaded Ted5 editor to make a few small changes to level 3 ant town level map in Bio Menace 2. Every time I save the level and start the game. The game stops before the main menu and out to the DosBox c: prompt with the error message "RF_NewMap: Map to tall!" Why is this happening?

Steve
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: re: using Ted5 on Bio Menace

Post by MrFlibble »

reble wrote:"RF_NewMap: Map to tall!"
Apparently some global level dimensions are wrong. Maybe you should try taking the original files and editing them again to check if this is something caused by the editor or not.
reble

Post by reble »

It is the changes made by the editor. I have an unaltered copy stored on a cd with all the other MSDOS games I have. I was told by 1 person that the file needs to be recompressed but the info I read about Bio Menace said that the files weren't compressed. So how do I fix this?

Steve
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Have you tried asking around at the 3D Realms Forums? Some of the people there should know I suppose.
reble

Post by reble »

Only 1 person has replyed on the same posting at 3D Realms Forums. Around 100 views on the subject but again only 1 reply.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Yeah, the forums aren't very active but there are knowledgeable people there like Frenkel who might know the details.

You can also try asking at RGB Classic Games Forums and at Duke4.net Forums as well.
reble

Re: re: using Ted5 on Bio Menace

Post by reble »

I tried it 3 times
MrFlibble wrote:
reble wrote:"RF_NewMap: Map to tall!"
Apparently some global level dimensions are wrong. Maybe you should try taking the original files and editing them again to check if this is something caused by the editor or not.
Malvineous
Time zone stampede
Time zone stampede

Post by Malvineous »

Bio Menace uses the Commander Keen engine, so the fairly active Keen: Modding forum is probably going to get you the quickest answer.