How to install kknd xtreme using dosbox [Win7]

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Pyroxene

How to install kknd xtreme using dosbox [Win7]

Post by Pyroxene »

I installed dosbox 0.74 for windows 7, and am trying to install and run kknd xtreme off a iso file I downloaded, using dosbox.

My kknd xtreme iso file is located in this pathway: c:\oldgames\kknd.

So after a look at the help topics here, I am still completely nonplussed. Following a mounting of c: to the oldgames folder, I type "mount d f:\ -t cdrom" to try and mount the iso file. I then type "d:" followed by "install". The install does not work and I am stuck.

I feel something is fundamentally wrong in the steps I'm following. Can anyone help out a noob here?
Pyroxene

Post by Pyroxene »

On further checks, it seems I should have used the command "imgmount e c:\oldgames\kknd\kkndxtreme.iso -t iso" to mount the iso file.

I then type in e: to switch to the newly mounted e drive. What do I do next to install/play the game?
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Is there even a DOS version of KKND Xtreme? MobyGames only lists a Windows release.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

To begin with:
mount your C correctly for Win7
Your mount is wrong for Win7, you can run into a brick wall with all the Win7 read/write security policies.

Read and apply
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13511

'imgmount e' should be 'imgmount d'
Always mount a CD or image as D in dosbox, regardless your drive letters in windows, dosbox mounts are independent of Win drive letters.

Also: what MrFlibble said, xtreme is win only I thought.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.