Why???

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
manstie

Why???

Post by manstie »

Why do the admins tell us to read things that are useless to the information we are trying to gather?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Because the admins of DGF are complete a*ses, that's a well known fact.

We have rules; if you don't want to follow them:
Create your own forum.

[Edit]
Ref for adm/mods:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13699
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Re: Why???

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

manstie wrote:Why do the admins tell us to read things that are useless to the information we are trying to gather?
To be frank I never read them and maybe I have broken a few of them here and there but I'd never call them useless and moreover NEVER say anything about admins in their own forum... Nope.. well not in public anyway. Join the secret society to overthrow the thought police! Down with Big Brother!! :D

Jus kiddin... I love Big Brother plus I think his little sister is HOT!!
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

manstie wrote:Why do the admins tell us to read things that are useless to the information we are trying to gather?
Well, first off, dosraider being a jerk is well known. It's even mentioned in the forum rules! (go ahead and read them, Santhosh. I think you've broken around half of them in your career :P)

Second, I just read the PM you send him. He asked you to read the dosbox howto... that's not useless at all. About 30 seconds of browsing it would have solved your problem, instead of forcing dosraider to type out a whole new personalized walk through just for you. (which he seems to be in the middle of doing anyway)

Finally, just because you're now on the internet doesn't give you license to be rude. Just calm down, read the rules, and behave properly. It'll make solving your problem go much faster and easier if you don't insult or piss off everyone trying to help you.
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

Long story short, it's better to ask questions in public that way others can learn from your experiences.
Sustinendum Victoriam!
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Dogbreath wrote:
Well, first off, dosraider being a jerk is well known. It's even mentioned in the forum rules!

Yup here it is... should've went through this a long time ago

"Unlike some forums, all of our moderators are also active posters, so you will probably get in discussions with them as well. Don’t worry, they are nice enough. (Except for dosraider obviously)"

Obviously??? :laugh:
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Because it's a known fact that reading makes you smarter.
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

I hate to single you out manstie, but you're the only person who doesn't read shit..

So start reading shit.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Larry Laffer wrote:

Because it's a known fact that reading makes you smarter.
It also gives you cancer.

p.s., manstie, you're the second person from Perth who's posted on this forum. It's a long shot, but it'd be funny if you and Cmaza knew eachother.
manstie

Post by manstie »

Um... okay?
Cmaza
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Cmaza »

o.0

Definitely don't know the person.. but somehow feel.. slightly insulted. Not sure why, but anyhow.. Nice to meet you!! I think.. <.<

Oh, and reading is good. Infact, if you don't like reading things, you probably shouldn't involve yourself with foruming, seeing as that tends to involve a lot of reading things, such as forum posts..