cBox?

Questions, comments, and suggestions regarding the forum or DOSGAMES.com can go here. Please do not post "broken links" reports here, please email them to [email protected].
John Steele

cBox?

Post by John Steele »

This is rather a crap suggestion which will undoubtedly be smashed into the ground by the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, omnivorous Admins of Destruction,

But why not get a Cbox for the bottom of the main page? It would make certain things rather more easy.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Well, I'm a mere omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, omnivorous Mod of Destruction but I can still smash the idea down into the ground! ;)

Dunno emmzee's stand on this one but, I can say that I don't think it's a good idea, first of all we have an IRC channel(of a doubtful member activity rate). Then, we have a forum(of a doubtful spam rate). A Cbox, besides being remote hosted(bad) would be filled with ads(very bad) out of which our greedy webmaster could not profit([insert 100 very's here] bad).

Plus that a cbox would encourage even more spam, and would be a real pain to moderate/keep clean.

Bottom line: I think the forum and the IRC channel are more than enough for people to get help, chat, spam, and offer their cyber sexual services! But it's still emmzee's call!

*sits and waits for the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, omnivorous Admins of Destruction, to undoubtedly smash the suggestion down into the ground*
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

The only kind of CBox I can support is a 'login only' one.
Means no guest posting, no anonymous postings.
Or it usually (and very fast) becomes a total shitload of crap.
Don't count on me -(and prob not on Larry, reading his post)- to clean the shit that's gonna get posted there.

My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

It will be the admins that decide.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Or just make your own. I've got a functional one, the only thing it lacks is a way to disable flooding. lol. I'll get around to fixing it up later.