Huge FP

If you experience problems or errors with the discussion forum, post here. Problems with individual users should be reported to the mods or the admin.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

-w00t- Mozilla. I suggest you ditch M and toss on Firefox tho. MUCH nicer.

-Richard-
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Wasn't my PC. AFAIK: Mozilla comes with Fedora. And Firefox IS mozilla.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

I know that, but I've always preferred Firefox over the standard Mozilla browser, and I realize it wasn't your computer... I was just saying that you should do it.

-Richard-
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Possible explination:

Do you use Rogers emmzee? You may have been in teh same area as the rogers internet I was using, and using the auto login may have docked your ip, and when the dynamic ip switched, I happened to get the same Ip you had used before and it attempted to sign me in.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Not possible, as far as I know. Winger and I (and a couple other people in my area) have posted from the same IP several times, but that has never caused this problem. And I doubt if your host would assign both you and Emmzee the same IP at the exact same moment... shouldn't that be impossible?

IIRC, the bug usually occurs with the autologin feature. Maybe you and Emmzee both tried to log in at the exact same time? I've never looked into the cookies that cause autologin, could you give me more detail as to how they identify a user?

FWIW, Emmzee uses Rogers Cable (Inc.) (they own 69.192.0.0 - 69.199.255.255)
to connect, though you did not have the same IP. Do a lookup for your original emmzee post and Emmzee's test post... Emmzee, do you have a log of your IP at that moment?