If you experience problems or errors with the discussion forum, post here. Problems with individual users should be reported to the mods or the admin.
Hiroshi
Expert
Expert

Post by Hiroshi »

I tried uploading an avatar from my computer. It follows the guidelines of the limit being 150x150 and 10kb. However I kept recieving this message after submitting:

Warning: Unable to create './images/avatars/182d38d940ed7dd857bec.jpg': Permission denied in /home/sites/site1/web/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site1/web/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/sites/site1/web/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 449

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site1/web/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/sites/site1/web/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 450

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site1/web/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/sites/site1/web/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 451

Haven't the slightest of what's going on...I'm new to the forums btw. Geez, what a great first post. :(
"If you buy a bag of peanuts in this town they'll write a song about you."
Interon

Post by Interon »

The same thing occurred on Wally's forum after the heavy server crash. Emmzee needs to set the permissions on the avatars folder. For now, Hiroshi, you can link to the avatar off-site if available.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

The avatar settings in the admin panal seem to be fine, though I've had problems with uploading as well... I'm guessing this is a problem with the database and not our settings, so I'll leave that to Emmzee to fix. (If Wally could provide what exactly got messed up on his that'd be a big help :))
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

The avatars folder needs to be set to CHMOD 777. Thats FTP, not database ;)
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Oops. k I'll do that now, sorry guys forgot about that.

Edit: Try it now and see if it works :shifty:
Last edited by emmzee on Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Hiroshi
Expert
Expert

Post by Hiroshi »

Sweet! Thx emmzee! And there's me avatar! :D
"If you buy a bag of peanuts in this town they'll write a song about you."