JMS's Dirty Laundry

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

JMS's Dirty Laundry

Post by Final Chance »

Now, it's time to take all the skeletons out of the closet, take a good look at them, and understand better why things happened the way they did.

Each incident will have its own post, the information I want to tell is far too much to be contained in one post.

If you don't know me very well, there may not be much point in reading this thread.

I don't feel any bitterness or resentment, and I am "over it" for the intents and purposes therein.

Now let's begin!
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

[img]http://spiffy_knickers.tripod.com/Dirty_Laundry2.gif[/img]

Throw it all out!
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

heh... now, now, V. let the man talk, I really want to know what was behind those nulled posts....
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

1. The Kazer0 Crisis, sometime in 2004.

I was posting along, until I made some minor yet annoying mistakes, and Kazer0, just doing his job, locked and warned me about what I was doing. But, the Internet, with it's lack of tone of voice and facial expressions, it was too easy to misinterpret Kazer0's words as a hostile intent. After that, I had several emotional outbursts and it was crazy. After all was said and done, we managed to put aside our differences and get along.
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

2. The 486 Player Spoof

486 Player uses Elizabethan-era English to make his posts. I thought that was really cool, and I admired him, and imitation is one of the forms of flattery. So I created the 386 player username, and I imitated him like Elvis imitators try to imitate Elvis. However, due to the same communications errors that happened in the Kazer0 Crisis, this was interpreted as MOCKING 486 player.
Last edited by Final Chance on Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Do you have a list of names you posted under? 'Cause I'm really confused who you are. :P
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

I'll put the ones I can remember...

This is over the course of 4 years, from around October 2003 to now.

1. Azimuth
2. na010894
3. Jay
4. 386 player
5. JMS
6. Interon
7. Elign
8. Identity Crisis
9. NewfieBullet
10. Bloc DOS Games
11. Final Chance

Except for the 386 player, I only used one at a time.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Many names... just wait till you get "desperately bored" and start reading ALL the posts on DGF :laugh:
<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

Draegonis phpBB crisis:

While has nothing to do with DGF, it was a critical factor in my forum history.

Draegonis, a former moderator on the phpBB.com forum, just doing his moderator job, he used similar blunt language like Kazer0 did, and I became wary of him. Learning from the mistakes I made during the Kazer0 crisis, I quickly quit the forum and chose to ignore and avoid Draegonis instead of arguing and fighting with him. In other words, I nipped that one in the bud.
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

Heimidal Holy War:

Again, nothing to do with DGF, but still an important event that influenced my state of mind.

Heimidal, a gay moderator on phpBB, had his own site and his own blog. I don't remember the exact details now, but I think he had some post that had something to do with Christian beliefs. I took the Christian side, trying to explain in a non-accusatory manner why Christians are anti-gay. I tried to avoid being condescending and/or arrogant. Again, with the lack of facial expression and tone of voice on the Internet, it is all too easy for people to misunderstand my intentions, and it escalated into a small-scale flame war. At least it had a reasonable ending once I explained my stand a bit better.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

*Brief Entrance*

Mods and Admins, this thread will stay open at least until Jay completes his story, possibly longer, we'll see how it develops.

Members: Questions and polite comments are fine, but anyone who used this thread to flame or make fun of JMS, or as an exucse to spam from this point on will have their post deleted, and recieve a warning the first time, 24 hour ban the second. /Pre-emptive strike.

*Continue*
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

The [censored] Crisis:

Only slightly to do with DGF. Her username here is [censored].

She had joined Extreme Gaming, and was a good member. Her charisma was very high, and once I started with her MSN and DeviantArt, I was awestruck at her beauty and personality. Time went on, and it continued to escalate as I saw pictures of her lips, and was overwhelmed by the fact that I was actually talking and interacting with a female. I was infatuated and mindblown in her presence. After more contact and time passed, I had gotten a little too passionate and obsessed with her. But I knew I would never do anything to harm her, and I had no intention of doing anything insane like trying to get her phone number or going to her house or anything. It was incredible enough, the fact I was actually talking and interacting with a female who wasn't my mom or anything like that.

Then it all began to collapse. I had given her too much praise, and even indicated that if it were the right circumstances, I would be willing to marry her. But I made sure to indicate that I would never try to find her directly or stalk her. And I'm sure she knew that I would never ever stalk her.

Upon that, I even attempted to develop a set of algorithms and standards for social interaction, called the [XYZ] Protocol after her initials.

The downfall continued, and she was extremely furious and delivered her incredible anger during an e-mail exchange. After all my misdirected and poorly designed affection and infatuation, she had had enough of it and finally punished me with a resounding verbal outrage like I had never seen before.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

After that, it quickly ended, at least we managed to get something of an armistice, no major threats, no long-term grudges, just a full end to the online interaction.

At least the ending was reasonable, and our relationship is now completely neutral.

The username and personal info of the member in question has been removed, since she is still an active member here. Those who know enough about her will recognize who it is, anyway, but having her name mentioned isn't right. -DB

That's OK, DB, no problem - FC
Last edited by Final Chance on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

The Mass-Resignation:

After all I had been through, I felt that I was just not meant to be posting or chatting on the Internet. I had felt down and sad, and rapidly quit all the forums I had joined. I was sick and tired of the sporadic conflicts and mini flamewars, and decided to get away from it all. I placed my main announcement of Tony Montana's sports forum (not the one he used to have here on DGF, but the one he made on eZBoard or something like that).

With that depressed attitude, I then felt it was necessary to try to get rid of myself on the Internet somehow. That's the reason why I did all those "NULL" things with my former Interon account, I had hit rockbottom and didn't know what to do with myself on the Internet (my real-life was fine, the sorrow was entirely confined to the Internet).

I committed a massacre on my accounts, locking myself out of whatever forums I joined, locking myself out of MSN, and thus sabotaging my online presence. Those "NULL"s were part of the self-purge movement.
Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

Conclusion:

This is not 100% but all the important stuff has been covered.

After a long hiatus from being on forums and stuff, I got over it. I can look back and kind of laugh at all the crap that happened over those 2 or 3 years.

But I am still kind of cautious, making sure that nothing like this ever happens again.

And I decided to give it one more chance, hence the name "Final Chance", and I'm here today.

Any questions?
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Oh my freaking God!
So after all you were Elign! :wow:
And i wondered how fast someone could get a mod here.
Was it 2 months or summin like that?
My God,so my theories were right about that.
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

I just want to say... I feel sorry for your past experiences :( JSM/Elign/Interon/Final Chance(yeah, I would really like to know how to call you)

But I'm sure you did well not to give up, and that you "gave it a final chance" :thumbsup:
<center>
</center>

Final Chance
Expert
Expert

Post by Final Chance »

Thank you Larry. :)

It was the school of hard knocks. I only hope I do it right, this time. In 2007. Here and Now. B)
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

you can do it!
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Could you please explain why are you still posting with 4 nicks again?
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

He's not.