Segregation!

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Winger2
Expert
Expert

Segregation!

Post by Winger2 »

I don't understand this board sometimes!! You want people to post..then you have your "elite" board for you guys. Its favoritism. I don't WANT to be in there, I'd rather be a regular, then someone like TD, who gets told: soon you'll be a mod. We don't know what you guys talk about, but for all we know its bad. You tell us that if we want to say certain stuff, use PMs, when if you guys want to say stuff, you go to the elite forums. I know I'm no one's favorite here, but geeze this is stupid! I am a moderator of a four year old forum, with over 3,500 people, growing by 10 or 20 people a day. We have a MOD'S ONLY forum, but we RESPECT the power and only talk about bannings or threads that need attending to, or if someone's going to be gone and they need to be covered. I know this will probably be "locked" but I don't care. This is how i feel and I think it should be heard. Let the "non-elite" have their board with NO VIEWING from anyone in the "elite" forum, and I won't care. But until this happens, there's favoritism, and I disagree totally with this!!!
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

See? Thats what I was requesting when I wanted my own usergroup. We could call it "Delete", which I think is funny. I could totally take the job fully and understandablly and be fair.

This reminds me of a cival war.....
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

And I'm in the middle.

I agree with Mr. Winger

Yet part of me thinks that's part of a REGULAR guy.

YET it would be nice to have a place to run with out authority looking at you, and yet that isn't a bad thing! It would have to have 2 ;) REG MODS to even the control, and an admin. But that makes it allmost a REGULAR forum. It would just exclude JTA and DG. And there not bad people!
Webmaster- <a href="http://www.dosgames.com/~bobo">Bobo's DOSGames</a>
^ Biggest Dos 3D Shooters site in the World! :)
Total Games = <b>201</b>
Over <b>100900</b> Downloads since 2004
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

*sucks teeth* Mehson! Deh have de elite group ras cuz dey gots to hahve dey own crib fo' gettin' away from dem foo's 'n rasklots! </cruzan >
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Shut your trap, stop cusing, and speak ENGLISH!

STATE your obligashen and get it over with!
Total Games = <b>201</b>
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

There should be a usergroup open to ONLY people not in the elete group and not open to any mods or admin. They get their space, we shoul get ours.
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

If you went to Arthur Richards, and talked like you do, all you would get is either Fistfucked, or shot my a Mac-17 (which a kid did bring one last week)
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Take your complaints over a PM to me. That way me and you don't get banned for exesive flaming.
Total Games = <b>201</b>
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

That last post wasnt a flame... :blah:
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Re: Segregation!

Post by Da_Goat »

Winger2 wrote:I don't understand this board sometimes!! You want people to post..then you have your "elite" board for you guys. Its favoritism. I don't WANT to be in there, I'd rather be a regular, then someone like TD, who gets told: soon you'll be a mod. We don't know what you guys talk about, but for all we know its bad. You tell us that if we want to say certain stuff, use PMs, when if you guys want to say stuff, you go to the elite forums. I know I'm no one's favorite here, but geeze this is stupid! I am a moderator of a four year old forum, with over 3,500 people, growing by 10 or 20 people a day. We have a MOD'S ONLY forum, but we RESPECT the power and only talk about bannings or threads that need attending to, or if someone's going to be gone and they need to be covered. I know this will probably be "locked" but I don't care. This is how i feel and I think it should be heard. Let the "non-elite" have their board with NO VIEWING from anyone in the "elite" forum, and I won't care. But until this happens, there's favoritism, and I disagree totally with this!!!
Please.

Have you ever actually seen what's in there? Procerus made a "merry christmas" thread, Oz talked about moving to Africa or something, and some other things. It's basically useless.

Also, we don't judge who gets in on whether or not we "favor" them, but on their past history/current reputation.

And, as far as favoratism goes, I'll have you know that I do in fact favor other people more than others. We all do. We do it with everything. The point, though, is that you don't show your contempt.

By the way, trust us, Procerus would never let us do anything he didn't agree with ;)
Winger2
Expert
Expert

Post by Winger2 »

Hey bobo, I don't want you to risk not getting into the elite group. I just feel this is low...they kept it a secret so long. I have 73 posts..isn't that good enough to get into the group!? Nanobot had around 43 posts and Born has 95..that's not tons. I know I'm not liked here, but I still feel once in a while I can help. My real topic is helping people with everyday problems, not computers!
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

Winger, Bobo, K0:
The elite group isnt all that you think it is. It's been around since october, and theres only 7 topics in there. Even if you got in it, you wouldnt feel ANY diffirent. The only diffirence is you get ONE more measy forum in the index list.
Winger2
Expert
Expert

Post by Winger2 »

then why can't it be opened to the public if there's nothing big about it?
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

I don't think it's post count. Kazer0 has around 769 posts and he is not in. I have geez, ah, 200 somthing. If I was acepted I'd vote for you, because...

You don't flame, You don't use Chat Speak, and You know what your talking about.

<font size=20>+ It doesn't matter if I'm accepted or not, because of what or what other people think of me or my ideas. IF i'm not accepted. Then i'll push so hard for a group of the REGS, that I'll stake my membership here. It doesn't matter!</font>
Total Games = <b>201</b>
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Winger2 wrote:then why can't it be opened to the public if there's nothing big about it?
I've already stated why: we wanted a place where we could relax, and not have to deal with spam, chat speak, 4 PAGES OF SMILIES PER POST, newbies, and other things.
Winger2 wrote:I have 73 posts..isn't that good enough to get into the group!?
I've said it once, I've said it twice, and I wish I didn't have to say it again, but POST COUNT DOESN'T MATTER. It's quality of posts (which I admit, you do have).

Anyhow, this whole topic was strange to me because I thought you were in :huh: And, you aren't disliked around here (by most of us).

I would start an initiation poll in the forum now, but you said you don't want to be in it.

Oh, and about the staff forum? IT'S BORING! We're only allowed to talk about staff stuff (I wonder why), so there's no talking about anything other than "should we band him", or "when do I delete and when do I edit" or, "should this be deleted", or "should we move this", and so forth. Trust me, it's more of a burden to post in the staff forum than a blessing.

Also, kazer0 and Bobo, you have already expressed your concerns. So stop complaining.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Listen. Elite Members, like other groups here, is a common interest group. They, just like Webmasters, are made up of a small group of people. The members are elected democratically, not at all by the staff. It is only a Usergroup, these people diserve to be left alone about not accepting everyone. If they did, then it would be pointless!

The name of Elite Members was meant entirely in irony/sarcasm. It was not meant to demean the rest of you. The staff all greatly appriciate you using these boards, but would suggest you form your own usergroup instead of trying to get into others!