HAI. OVER HEEEEEERE. (JP + JP:LW)

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Check-Mate
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush

HAI. OVER HEEEEEERE. (JP + JP:LW)

Post by Check-Mate »

K so, I'm making an effort to bring some life back to this forum perhaps. It's a long shot I know, but maybe someone will stumble back here at some point and would like to discuss things with ol' Check-Mate.

I've been wanting to talk to people about the Jurassic Park books, but dislike having a Reddit account, which was basically the only other place I"ve thought to post about books.

Anyways, I finally and recently (After only finding out the books existed a couple of years ago) have read Jurassic Park, and I'm reading the Lost world right now.
Has anyone else around here read them? I feel like DB would've, DB are you there? You ignored me on facebook recently, are you alive??

I really enjoyed the first book, but actually felt like the descriptive parts were a bit lacking. Since I watched the movies first, I'm heavily biased of course. I felt like a lot of the dinosaur descriptions weren't great, and the scenes where the dinos are eating people were blah.
I was really excited to read the part about the raptor being in the one power bunker shed, but there was barely anything there.
And I was a bit surprised to see how much the book was different to the movies. Seems Spielberg took a LOT of liberties. (Though I can see why in many aspects.)
I do like how it ended, though. Seemed fitting.

Lost world is so far from the movie it amazes me to think that it's based off the book. Seriously, they are separate entities.
Though I must say, I do enjoy envisioning Jeff Goldblum as Malcolm as I read.
Oh. Baby.

Anyone have any comments? ANyone out there? Hello??