Borland C++ 2.0

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Thank you pseudocoder - I looked at a couple examples!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

pseudocoder wrote:Image

A few of the books that I could find; the disc set is the BC 3.1 application framework suite. There were several other books included, but I couldn't find anymore. :( Ironic that "Learn Visual C++ Now" is obscured by the Borland diskettes. :P

@Tien: hold onto the BCC book; if you do any DOS stuff in C, it's got great examples of how to do just about anything DOS.

@Quadko: I see a circuits book... circuit theory crushed my hopes in earning an EE degree... well that and the Ordinary Differential Equations course. Springs... argh... who thinks of that stuff??
@pseudocoder: Wow!! I could not believe with my own eyes that the Borland C++ 2.0 that arrived allows me to develop for Windows as well. I thought it was a mistake however I ran the example in Windows Vista and sure enough it ran natively.
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: Thank you pseudocoder - I looked at a couple examples!

Post by MrFlibble »

tienkhoanguyen wrote:I ran the example in Windows Vista and sure enough it ran natively.
I never used Vista, does it still support running 16-bit programmes natively?

I'd still prefer DOS though, it's got better cross-platform compatibility thanks to DOSBox.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Jesus!hehe Alright, I am doing DOS forever hehe

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

I guess it is just a novelty and the excitement of learning something new since Windows is more modern.

However DOS is a classic and I really love it too.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

MrFlibble wrote:I never used Vista, does it still support running 16-bit programmes natively?
I really don't think so; the 9x family could, but I don't think the XP+ series did. I could be wrong.

But I think they will run Win32s/9x 32 bit programs, and that might explain it. And of course, console based 16 bit programs could still run - dos in XP, etc.

Whatever the story is, very cool!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Well, I still have my authentic version of XP.

I double clicked on a DOS game of my own and it ran fine.

The only problem is my laptop is too new.

So the speed was increased by 12 times. hehe

So DOS in XP depends on hardware to run right.

So you need one of those 386 cpu old computer - I am guessing for DOS.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know I verified XP runs DOS, but...

speeds up or down depending on varying hardware CPU speeds.

Thank you Jesus for XP - still coolest in my opinion, but Vista is a workaholic. hehe I need the work more though so I have no choice but to use Vista. Windows 8 is too much and clutters my mind so I do not use that. DOS is what I am looking for however it does not have all the tools I need to develop for it. So for an aspiring brand new developer - - - - - - - - - - - - Vista is the way to go at least for me any ways.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Quadko wrote:
MrFlibble wrote:I never used Vista, does it still support running 16-bit programmes natively?
I really don't think so; the 9x family could, but I don't think the XP+ series did. I could be wrong.

But I think they will run Win32s/9x 32 bit programs, and that might explain it. And of course, console based 16 bit programs could still run - dos in XP, etc.
XP (32-bit at least) is capable of running DOS games natively, although there might be some speed and sound issues.
tienkhoanguyen wrote:Well, I still have my authentic version of XP.

I double clicked on a DOS game of my own and it ran fine.

The only problem is my laptop is too new.

So the speed was increased by 12 times. hehe

So DOS in XP depends on hardware to run right.

So you need one of those 386 cpu old computer - I am guessing for DOS.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know I verified XP runs DOS, but...

speeds up or down depending on varying hardware CPU speeds.
You can remedy the speed issue somewhat by using slowdown utilities like MoSlo. The principle behind this programme is that it makes the CPU busy with dummy cycles, thus reducing its processing power. This was the way to run DOS games on newer hardware before DOSBox was developed far enough to support the majority of titles.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

MoSlo did not work for me.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

It did slow it down however not enough. I guess it is probably the evaluation basic glitchy version. However that is all that is available unless I pay $25 for the more expensive version.

It seemed like a good concept however not as effective as DOSBox.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
pseudocoder
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by pseudocoder »

tienkhoanguyen wrote:@pseudocoder: Wow!! I could not believe with my own eyes that the Borland C++ 2.0 that arrived allows me to develop for Windows as well. I thought it was a mistake however I ran the example in Windows Vista and sure enough it ran natively.
Outstanding; the windows stuff is pretty good, and you'll get access to multimedia APIs. The Borland books are pretty good with example codes. Are the executables 16 or 32 bit?

@Quadko: the covered up book was turbo debugger. Other than the BCC book, I don't think I used any of those books as they were way over my head.

I loved the digital logic lab, but found the lectures uninspiring - "don't cares??" That one still gives me chills; for a topic based on true or false, subjectivity seems rather odd. :D I remember programming a PDL to act as a traffic light, and that was about the high point of all my studies. :P I still have my breadboard, some ICs, and data sheets.

PSpice was intriguing as well; the DC circuits were fun to design and simulate, but the AC circuits were way too hard for my mind to grapple with. That was about the time that I accepted EE wasn't going to be my path. :|
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

I am not sure however it says cannot run without Windows 32.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

So that was when I found out the example exe was made for Windows 32-bit since I double clicked on the icon in Vista.

I briefly surveyed the thousands of pages that I have yet to read and saw that it has references to Windows programming in the one section.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

I was super-sprite because the Borland C++ 2.0 softwares are really old. However I remember it did specifically advertised that it also has the capabilities to develop for Windows.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

32bit - makes sense, very cool! I know my last borland (maybe that 4.0 I still have books for) was very much 32 bit Windows enabled, with "OWL" - Borland's object windows library for programming in windows.

PSpice: I remember that! Wow. It's been a long time. I loved that I could design something and the CNC would give me a board. I wish I had one of those, still! I played with the laser printer + heat transfer + etching solution on a copper clad board back in the previously mentioned projects; that's cool too, but something about having a computer carve out the board is just sweet. I wonder what the 3d printers will bring - I'd love to have one of those to play with!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

My first professional looking program as a PRO developer.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Well, today is my premiere.

It is a little program that just prints a little message so I hope you are kind.

It is nothing fancy like all the graphics I have been doing lately.

However it is uniquely mine.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/09anemge3 ... 1STPRO.CPP

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nfeo2 ... 1STPRO.EXE
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

The above program works both in DOS and Vista 32-bit.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

One thing that amazes me is that the above program works in DOS and Vista
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

This may be a text game due to limited graphics.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

This is a C++ program stripped down to almost nothing. So there is no graphics capabilities at this time. I am learning a new language almost. I am starting on my lessons for Borland C++ 2.0 (code named "the professional developer").

hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, ALL-MIGHTY!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus!

I cannot believe it. According to the instruction manual, this Borland C++ 2.0 bundle big package is for PROFESSIONAL developers of C and C++. I guess the magical hammer of Thor that belongs to me has arrived hehe

I guess it didn't take forever for the knowledge to reach me, but it did take 2 weeks just to figure out how to install it haha

Not only that, but also it took me about that long to read the very first five pages. hehe So I guess you'll have to give me sometime before I can produce animations and so on in this version.

I am starting from almost scratch because I have deleted my entire hard drive where the free version was located. So now I am down to the hardcore professional paid version my mother bought for me. I guess Borland took a gamble with Borland Turbo C 2.01 being a free preview and won with me hehe. In fact, they took such a big gamble that there are pirated versions of Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1 all over the internet.

However, after being the official professional registration required package, I see the paid for version is Heaven itself compared to the preview and pirated version!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, Jesus, and Mary!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

All together, my mother spend infinite money on me to make me a success in the job of my choice instead of slave labour!

Both my real parents put me through community college ending in one semester of Ivy League College.

Even though I never graduated she continued to put money in my intelligence development and I ended up as an unofficial developer until this package. Now I have the official registration card with an imprinted serial number. So I guess I am a professional intern now working for free. hehe

Thank you my The LORD of all for giving me all I could ever ask for the rest of my existances!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God wins!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Well, today I am humble. I could only read five pages of Borland C++ 2.0. However, to obey God I must keep going.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: God wins!

Post by MrFlibble »

Even if it's only five pages, you still have great dedication for what you do. Sometimes I think it's a lot easier to learn when you have formal education and a fixed schedule with exam dates :) That gives just the incentive to pay at least minimal attention to the studies.

Whereas in an informal situation, there are so many distractions, and the "I can do it tomorrow" approach. One needs much greater will-power and concentration to get things done this way :)
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Thank you to God in Heaven for the remainder of my life.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Well, I am grateful God always come through for me!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

hehe - I am putting my Borland C++ 2.0 on hold!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

hehe - I have a lot of reading to do and catching up to do right now on MS-DOS 6.22 and so on.

hehe - Between studying and working the yard and so on I am too busy to complete my Borland C++ 2.0###!!!

hehe - Did you know the Borland C++ 2.0 comes with a total of 3500 (about three thousand five hundred) pages of study materials? Now I know why it advertises that it is for "professional" developers of C and C++????????????

hehe - Well, with so much prayer each day invoked to God, my The LORD of all hosts, I am spiritually drained............

hehe - Did you know each dimension of your development takes spiritual energy. For instance if you exercise then your body is strong. If you read a lot then you are smart. If you pray a lot then you are always in Heaven and get what you want out of life............

hehe - So each dimension that is paid attention to depends on each person. Some people put so much attention on prayer that all they have is the life they only want all their life.!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.