Borland C++ 2.0

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Jesus! I just reviewed my developer package and it is literally 5-inch thick books. Actually the entire packaged books is about that. Being a serious developer this is all I ever wanted in a job. Furthering my education in the comfort and leisure of my own home to support my family and kids one day.

Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Woohoo! I love learning something new, and new programming ways to boot! Have fun! If you feel like posting a picture to celebrate, that'd be fun to share! :)
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Thank you Jesus!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus bless me with this product and makes me good enough to take perfect care of my family all my lives!

Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

With thousands of pages to read, it is studying and such.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

You would think I would be finished with studying at 42 years of age or so.

Fortunately, God gives me the strength to keep going for my real family!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, then my real parents!! Then kind to others.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

hehe

Well, since it says to Obey The Ten Commandments both New and Old, I have to give Thank-you this day to God for giving me this product! Then, my parents get the credits for letting me know if I don't keep studying I would not be able to support my future family. Last, places like DOSgames.com would not have new games and such all the time (at least little games).
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Cool ^_^
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

I once beta tested Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

I saw a video and the producer was mean. However, the product shows that they are serious about what they do.

My mother tells me to be a perfectionist, however, be kind to others. Do not expect others to be so harsh.

My father says was mean however he told me before we parted to help out where I can. Even telling someone that something is wrong is giving them a chance to fix the problem. My father always regretted not talking much. He never defended himself and always let people walk all over him for the most part. Even though he was in the military and can fly a helicopter, he tried his best to keep the peace. The most memorable times of my family's life is that my father flew our family over to USA. It is the proudest moment for him in my humble opinion even though I did not know my father well.

Anyways, God gave me this Borland C++ 2.0 bundle to make games for others and earn a living through welfare! So I better get to work and see if I can install it and what comes up.

Hopefully have something out within a day. In the time you are waiting, be good!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

I am all talk.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

I say I want to study yet the closest I got is like the 12 pages of MS-DOS manual. haha

So now that Borland C++ 2.0 is in my hands. I am just waiting for nirvana. haha
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Well, I am still waiting for knowledge to come to me hehe

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

You know that Thor extends his hand and the magical hammer flies at extremely rapid speed to him. If I was waiting half-way around the world, it would take forever however it should theoretically be in my hand eventually right? hehe

So I bought Borland C++ 2.0 officially. Now I am waiting for the knowledge to enter my soul so I can be a PRO developer hehe

The funny thing is I am reading The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work; What is funny is that I am half-way through this near 300 pages. haha So I do not know about you but I think I am closer to a happy family life than I am to being a PRO who could support my family hehe

The problem is I need to be a PRO too so I have the income to support my family. Once I complete the family book I am able to be the ideal family. However we might still be collecting welfare if I do not finish Borland C++ 2.0 hehe

I guess God gave me a gift and it is not being a developer. In fact, I had to 'sweat' to finish my Borland Turbo Assembler 5.0 studies. 630 pages of assembly language was sweat labour. Well I have to confess I was in an air-conditioned room hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

You might get a kick out of these (click to zoom to see titles): old text books and computer books, including my blue and white Borland C++ (4.0?) manuals (yellow arrow) from, what, - 20+ years I've been dragging those around? :) And purple arrow "What Every Borland C++ 4.0 Programmer Should Know". And the blue Intel CPU books on top of the Borland manuals - you can get a free PDF of them now from Intel; in case the Borland opcode data wasn't really detailed enough for you! :P

And some more DOS and programming books, including two assembler books - including the advanced PC-XT codes, too! Ooooh! I actually got those much more recently when playing with PC emulators.

And finally my first (and still nostalgically favorite) graphics books, from 1986 and 1988, to be able to do way-cool advanced graphics with my Borland C++ compiler! Sadly no code came of them, but it taught me lots to make later learning curves much shorter.

I've kept the graphics books, the Borland books, and some limited stacks of Borland Turbo Technics magazines for reference for stuff like emulators and for details on how to do some cool stuff in limited environments - even modern HTML springs to mind - if you could do it in DOS, it can be done just about anywhere!

I think we talked about versions at one point - your C 2.0 version is slightly newer than the C++ v4, or something like that. (ed: or not!) And Tasm was v 5.5? I don't have my Turbo Pascal books anymore, I kind of wish I did. I should go looking for those, see if someone has them cheap or PDF, just for fun. (ed: Aha! Internet Archive FTW: https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_b ... 84_6922935 )

See, being married doesn't solve everything - still end up dorking around with ancient programming languages! :P Actually, I want two things out of Pascal - IIRC, the Kroz series code was in pascal and released free, so I want to get that compiling; and somewhere (I hope) I still have my Pascal code from before I switched to C. Career wise, that was a great move. Game writing wise, I never got to the point after learning C that I was with Pascal, much like what you're doing, lots of little working demos. Mostly because by the time I was fluent enough in C to do that, I was busy in college and then in a job - and that just never changed. :o
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Wow. I saw a handful of factory sealed thick NIB (New In Box) Pascal on eBay lately. So you might be interested in looking at those.

I did not realize you are such a bookworm hehe That is pretty cool. I have half of the shelf you have if you consider my three The Holy Bible books. hehe

That is pretty awesome - I am happy for you - no wonder you have a job as a REAL developer. Congratulations.

Actually, looking down further on the pages I realize I only have like maybe 25% of what you have haha In fact, you probably know everything I do and lightyears more when it comes to programming seeing you are a PRO for like forever now. Wow. Puts me in my place.

Those Intel books are cool. I did not realize you could get them. Also the 3D graphics and engineering. You have arrived being able to take care of your family.

Thank you for sharing and showing me how much I still have to learn if I am going to support my family hehe

Thank you Jesus my friend puts me in my place before I get laughed out of the company when applying for the job!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Jesus! In fact, out of the 25% that I seem to have - I only have read under 10%. So really, out of your entire collection - I am a nobody hehe Your text book is worn out. I only have 3 books that are worn out.

Borland Turbo Assembler 5.0
Borland Turbo Debugger
Borland Turbo Assembler Quick Reference Guide

The only other book I am reading right now is The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John M. Gottman, PH.D. and Nan Silver. This final book is quickly getting worn out hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Don't worry, I bought the textbooks pre-worn out. ^_^

As for the reference books, I've read inside all of them, but I certainly haven't read them all cover to cover. If you want to be an academic you probably need to read and know lots, but to be a family-supporting pro you just need practice delivering and then making a deal with someone to trade money for delivering the software they want - either because you sell it to them or because they say what to program. They say amateurs do it when they feel like it, but pros do it come hell or high water irregardless of how they feel because they want to keep getting paid. ;)

And I'm both proud and ashamed to say this is one bookshelf of my old dos and school stuff, it has many companion book shelves between my wife's books and my own other non- and fiction books. I'm so glad for kindle so new casual stuff doesn't need new shelf space!

ed: I've thought a fun programmer blog would be to go through books like those old graphics books or the Graphics Gems books and show off techniques and old code in a more modern setting like C# or HTML5 Canvas & Javascript. Ah for the time to try it out! :D
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

That is cool. When you need to support a family you put them first. Sure, it hurts deep down inside when your customer feels like a piece of meat instead of a person who is known. However, customers do the same to you. They just want the stuffs to be installed and for you to go home. So I guess it goes both ways.

Well, the best we can do as good Christians is to be kind and love everyone. Remember, Jesus says the greatest of the 3 (faith, love, hope) is LOVE.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
pseudocoder
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by pseudocoder »

A few of the books that I could find; the disc set is the BC 3.1 application framework suite. There were several other books included, but I couldn't find anymore. :( Ironic that "Learn Visual C++ Now" is obscured by the Borland diskettes. :P

@Tien: hold onto the BCC book; if you do any DOS stuff in C, it's got great examples of how to do just about anything DOS.

@Quadko: I see a circuits book... circuit theory crushed my hopes in earning an EE degree... well that and the Ordinary Differential Equations course. Springs... argh... who thinks of that stuff??
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Thank you pseudocoder!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

I was just thinking one day if I ever get good enough to do a PayPal "optional" donation to support my family.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
pseudocoder
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Thank you pseudocoder!

Post by pseudocoder »

tienkhoanguyen wrote:I was just thinking one day if I ever get good enough to do a PayPal "optional" donation to support my family.
You shouldn't think in terms of if, but when. Self-doubt is an insidious beast that will drag you down if you let it. :) If programming is your passion, slap it around a bit and let it know it's about to be pwned. B)
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Well, you know studying is the way to go. Seeing your books you are there. I am having a hard time reading the last half of my marriage success book. However, I am putting in a lot of time.

Thank you for sharing your book collections and checking out my little games.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

@psudoc - Boy, those yellow and white books bring back memories. I don't recall if I had them or just really wanted them... I can't see what that first one is. In theory I was getting an EE minor; devices were easy after years of programming and coping with assembly; basic circuits - *shudder*. Exact reverse of all the EE majors who thought devices were insane - oooo logic ands and ors, so scary! :)

Though I attempted to build some stuff around one of those all-in-one usb chips around 10 years ago, and made some progress before giving up. Now I'd just hope to play with a Raspberry Pi or Ardunio when the bug hits me again. So much cool stuff to do if mortgage and food weren't necessities!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Mary!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Mother of God!

Well, believe it or not, I am 100 pages away on this Valentines day to completing my degree in "The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work". haha

Well, at least I would have been SO interested in the 300 pages or so that it was completed in 12 days or so.

You know studies have shown that people are not stupid. They just have different interests. I might absorb 300 pages of Marriage text within two weeks while a programming course like Borland C++ 2.0 would take me a lifetime hehe

Thank you Mary, I guess I am a family person more than a programmer. Unfortunately that does not pay the bills unless I am a counselour for couples. hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.