A sim-creation game

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
Rad Roofer

A sim-creation game

Post by Rad Roofer »

Hi all, I'm brand new to the forum...very nice stuff here, and very nice, helpful people it seems.

So, I'm asking for some help of my own.

I'm interested in creating a simulation basketball game. I've gotten the game completely organized and planned out, and now just need to turn it into an actual working game.

I have no idea what program to use, as I am basicly new to the programming field, but am enrolled in school now. So if you know of a good simulation program to use, any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

It doesn't need to be an easy to use program!!

Thanks in advance!

Rad Roofer
denrix
<font color=CC00CC><i>*Special*</font>
<font color=CC00CC><i>*Special*</font>

Post by denrix »

I hope it ain't too late to help you out.
you need to decide on a few things before you start out:
is it going to be a 4D, 3D, or 2D game? I gather you'll be going for the 3D. it ain't gonna be easy.
you've got to be honest with yourself. it ain't gonna be easy to make that kind of game, when as you said yourself, you're fairly new to the programming arena.And dont forget that a basket sim is a very complex thing. more complicated than half the other games out there, in fact. there are just too many factors which you have to take in account. and that aint good.
if you really decide to take on such a major project, then I cannot advice you anything but the best. and thats C++. It's going to be very hard, very very very hard. but it's going to be worth it.
there are even premade tools, like Dark Basic, which will be much easier, but even much more complicated.

once again, avoid at all costs starting off with a big project like this. it will only do you bad. at least that's what I think. you're free to decide for yourself.
sasha: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have sex with my boyfriend.