Adventure game - Old school

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
Hermoor

Adventure game - Old school

Post by Hermoor »

Hello I have started to work on a old school game project inspired by games such as Dragon Lore II and The Dust: Tales of the wired west.

I wonder if someone would like to join me in the creation of this game. So far I have just made a HUD texture and some basic controls for the character.

The game is going to be made in the blender game engine. I plan on bringing back the old feeling to the games by not using normal maps and limit the colors in textures to 256.

Here is a screenshot

The reason I post this on this forum and not on some other forum is because this is a old school gaming forum. I think you should appreciate this, unlike the other gaming forums out there filled with 12 year olds.

Also I'm not some advanced coder, I'm using the logic bricks that exists within blender for about everything I do and I haven't even mastered them. So yeah looking for someone to help me with the complicated bits of making a game. Inventory and quests for example.

Hope someone could join, this is just for fun :)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: Adventure game - Old school

Post by dosraider »

Hermoor wrote:.....this is just for fun
Fun or not, a bit too much time consuming.....
You would probably have more respons on AB reloaded, I guess.
http://www.reloaded.org/
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
wyllfritsche

Post by wyllfritsche »

I can't view the image.

Last edited by wyllfritsche on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.