Editing Ultimate Soccer Manager

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
TicTacWoe

Editing Ultimate Soccer Manager

Post by TicTacWoe »

Hello I don't know if anyone here can help me but I'll give it a shot. I'm currently editing the database for Ultimate soccer manager 98 to update the player/team data to the present day. I am using a data editor that was made by fans of the game when it was available which is generally very good for this sort of thing though it is possible to edit the game by simply editing the .DAT files with a hex editor also but is much more time consuming.

Anyway, the main problem I have is that the game will still start in 1997 as there is no field in the editor to change when the game begins. I need to find out how to change it so that it begins in 2008. I know this is possible as back in the days when the game was out the guy who ran the fans website made a 'calendar patch' which would mean that the game would start from 2001 onwards.

Does anyone have any idea what sort of files I would have to edit and how to get the game to start in 2008?
zebinthe

Post by zebinthe »

Can you send your new edit USM ?
Because USM is greatest manager ever!!!

THank You

PROPZZZ
ndunsmuir

update

Post by ndunsmuir »

is there any chance of mailing me your update, love the game, would be much appreciated

thanks
dane_4u

Post by dane_4u »

I have a brand new update for USM98 that brings the game into 2012/2013 it took me and a friend months but it has been done and it can be downloaded from the facebook group 'Ultimate Soccer Manager Update' please feel free to download it and let me know what you think.

I would also love to know if you ever managed to change the year as it would be very handy indeed for my update!