Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure 2: HUMANIZED!!! (W.I.P., Looking for Help)

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
T-Squared

Post by T-Squared »

I've been working on this idea for quite a while. I have little-to-no experience in intricate programming (although I have started to understand C at a very basic level, have had basic experience with QBasic, but I do understand x86-based concepts.), but I DO have major experience in art.

I'm just one person, with a lot of ideas. I've been working on this for 15 years, and thankfully, a programmer by the name of Scott Smitelli has kindly reverse-engineered the code. (It happened to pop up one day, and it's a lot more primitive than I expected.)

I thought I'd make the story a bit deeper (and slightly darker. I DO mean slightly.), but it still works, and it's expanded beyond what I expected of it, and I think it's time for a change.

Here's my proposal.

I need artists, music composers, level designers, and people versed in C (or Turbo C). I also need people to bounce ideas off of. I have already written the story, designed some levels, organized some code, made some music, and have some concepts in place. This is completely volunteer work; there is no money involved at all. It will be 3 episodes, and the game, as a whole, will probably be the same scope as the famous Commander Keen mod "Atroxian Realm" was. The gameplay is not going to be rock-hard difficult, but it will be challenging, and hopefully there will be new ideas too. There will be assets crossing from one episode to the next, too, but not much. (Each episode will have nearly new elements and graphics.)

The basic story, to help get you interested:

It's been 3 years since Cosmo "rescued" his parents from the Forbidden Planet, he's now 8 Earth years old, and the experience sparked a newfound love for exploring. However, this is an itch that he can't scratch, because exploring the forests behind his home, and pretending on the school playground isn't enough. His parents notice this too. It isn't until Cosmo comes upon a Galactic TV advertisement for a medium-range spaceship, usually meant for teenagers (the alien equivalent of an ATV), that it really gets his mind going, and his parents agree that this is something he needs.

Sometime after he gets his spaceship, Cosmo has a school assignment to do: "Write about the space explorations of other worlds". Cosmo only really knows about Earth, and the people there were so nice to him when he went for his birthday! (They didn't know he was an alien.) So, Cosmo finds out about NASA, and prepares to travel here to Earth. Upon arrival, his ship is pulled down, and he is abducted by an evil scientist who is part of a Men-In-Black alien-study organization, that has a transformation machine that turns aliens into humans. Cosmo escapes, but now is stranded on Earth as a human, and he must find his spaceship.
Attachments
E2FZLDnWQAAEaCw.png
E2FZLDnWQAAEaCw.png (12.1 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
E2FZLEHWEAU6VF0.png
E2FZLEHWEAU6VF0.png (14.13 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
E2FZEU_WEAICF4p.png
E2FZEU_WEAICF4p.png (16.38 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Hi, I've seen your post at VOGONS, great idea, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to contribute in a meaningful way.