Is it possible to finish Bow&Arrow?

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
aruhari117

Re: Bow & Arrow: The Treemen

Post by aruhari117 »

MAM wrote:To Shoot the Treemen: End the previous level with your archer at the upper 1/3 of the screen.

The goal is to shoot the arrow through the flame so that a flaming arrow hits the tree and burns up the tree. You can align your arrows exactly with the apples so that you shoot the apple and wait for the flame to come to the tree you are in alignment with. Then, shoot 2 arrows, one for the apple and one for the tree and hope you get a flaming arrow to hit the tree.

Or better, shoot the arrow slightly above the apple line, catching the flame, alighting the arrow and shooting the tree at its top, just above its apple-throwing plane.

To do this, end the previous level with your archer in the upper 1/3 of the screen, then wait for the flame and shoot the tree that is 2nd from the top. Move up above the top apple and shoot the top tree through the flame. Quickly move down slightly to align your archer with the top tree's apple so you can shoot it and not get hit. Now, both top 2 trees are gone. When all their apples are gone, and the flame is approaching the 3rd tree, drop down in between apples and shoot, catching the flame above the apple line, then move quickly back up into the blank space. Wait for all 3rd tree's apples to be gone, then, when the flame is approaching, drop down in between apples and shoot, catching the flame with your arrow, again above the apple line so that the flaming arrow hits the tree at its top.

Continue until all the trees are gone except the last. Hover just above the apples of the last tree and wait until the flame disappears off the top of the screen. Then, drop down between the apples and fire 2 arrows, then very quickly move back up above the tree. You should get the last tree.

Do you know where I can get the complete version of this game? I have the abridged version that came in a shareware package.

i saw no flames.please tell me when i will appear in the screen plzzzzzzzzzzzz
3dOptics

Post by 3dOptics »

The latest version of this game, v1.1, can be downloaded from here:

http://<snip>
v1.1 lists his address as:

If you want the unabridged version it might be a good idea to write him a letter to check if he still lives there before sending money.

Link not allowed, read the rules ~dosraider
pgathriller

Post by pgathriller »

Sorry to bump such an old thread but I recently searched out this game for Virtual PC and I've heard the rumor of killing all the black birds gives you flaming arrows and it sounded fake to me so I never actually tried it; and I've never seen a screenshot of the flaming arrow which I'll try to post but killing all the black birds DOES WORK and will continue your game

Here's a screenshot of one level after the treemen just to prove you can actually make it past the level:
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1495/barrow.jpg
[unfortunately the photo looks doctored but fuck it]
I posted two other levels after the Treenmen at the bottom of this post in tiny font so don't read it if you want to avoid the spoiler but it's just for proof that I have made it past

You pop the bubbles to let the faries free and if you hit a cloud, it turns grey and shoots lightning at you

Save the game before the Black Birds level and keep trying until you beat it! You will get a "Good Shot Bonus" and a flame on the tree level will run up the screen contiously and you shoot your arrow through the moving fire and the arrow will then hit the tree and it will burn up!

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE!

Level Spoiler for two levels post treemen
Walking Lava Men, Another Bullseye Target
(Copy paste the text into your URL bar to quickly read in full-size)

EDIT
just proof that their is a reachable end to the shareware version:
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7694/proofqb.jpg
nelsonluies

level 9 dark forest can be completed!

Post by nelsonluies »

u hav to kill all the eagles in level 7 then u get a flame in level 9 that can b used to burn the trees.i hav a pic here to finally prove it that it is indeed possible.first even i thought its fake but then i tried many times and completed today itself(i was getting frustrated and was throwing a fit)but i did it nevertheless. :laugh:
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/7592 ... forest.jpg
nelsonluies

Post by nelsonluies »

here's level 11 marching pyronians http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4055/bow ... evel11.jpg

after this there is level 12 Imprisoned which is the last level after u complete level 12 it asks to purchase the unabridged version.Hope i proved that this game can be completed and the level 9 dark forest can b completed with the burning arrows(chk my earlier post to see it).Take care everyone.Namaste! :thumbsup:
appu234

Passing Level 9 - Dark Forest

Post by appu234 »

Read the text which appears before level 7 - Hope the message has reached Khanin or something like that. Another thing - you can also see a carrier pigeon fleeing from the bad birds. Your objective - Kill all the bad birds without letting even a single one pass. Mind you don't hit the pigeon. The pigeon must deliver it's message safely without getting killed by the bad birds. See what happens in level 9...

Thank You[/b]
shina

Post by shina »

The unabridged version was actually found last month, guys! Props to the reddit user who did it! It was laying around some old files from a kids game from the 90's. I'm not allowed to post links but you can search for 'reddit request_full_version_of_bow_and_arrow_windows_31' :thumbsup:
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

shina, I replied to your post at the RGB Classic Games forums. If you have other details to share, please do so there, or here, or possibly both.