excelsior phase one

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
abchazippa

excelsior phase one

Post by abchazippa »

what are the anwsers to the riddels in the game?

[EDIT 12 06 2007]~dosraider
Someone made a walktrough:
Tamara

Post by Tamara »

that question is a bit general. Do you have a specific riddle you need help with?
Here is a site that might help you- http://www.geocities.com/lapithes/

I have a problem

Post by Guest »

I'm having some difficulties with one riddle.

It's the one in the forgotten pits where the signs say:

1. It is three dimensinal in a four dimensional world
2. It is one dimensinal in a two dimensional world
3. It can't exist in a one dimensional world
4. The sign is blank!

Can't figure the password out! Please help me out.
Thanks.
mosc

Post by mosc »

shadow is the answer

lots of guessing...

I've gotten all the way up to the keep ironhead plotline. email [email protected] if you want some help. I'll prob make a faq if I ever figure out what to do in this damn tower. Something with a clock?

Post by guest »

u need to buy a special clock on moondrop island i think....u should make a faq and post it on gamefaqs.com
boondocksaint

Post by boondocksaint »

anyone know where i can find lady jasmine?

Post by Guest »

a quote from the email I got on the last question

yes, she is in the very top left of the tower south of the main castle. The one with the duck pond. The tower is called the "seventh keep"

there's a trick with this quest I have not been able to figure out. To kill the good guy you need to get his dagger blessed and you can only bless the dagger after you are a member of the order which you get from lady jasmine.

The trick is if you kill her you can't get the dagger blessed.

Let me know if you figure out what you're actually supposed to do in keep ironhead when you get there.

Good luck!
-mosc

you get two clocks from that guy on the island. I got em both and a key. I use the key and it just breaks winding the yellow clock. I did try using it at the very end of keep ironhead. No luck. You supposed to fix the key or something???
boondocksaint

Post by boondocksaint »

maybe u need to use the password u get in the monster village "cavengbar" i'm not sure because i haven't made it into ironthread yet i'm still stuck on trying to get the purple stone hit with lightning any ideas anyone?
boondocksaint

Post by boondocksaint »

alright now i'm stuck in keep ironthread i made it to the floor with the bricks now what?
mosc

Post by mosc »

yeah, I think it has something to do with that key. Maybe you got to get it fixed and wind up the yellow clock when ur stinging on the bricks?

there were some clues back in the monster town but I didn't see anything more than "bring a clock". Anybody figures this out let us know
mosc

Post by mosc »

ok, so you use the key on the clock to get it "wound" and then you can set the clock from 1 to 13 (13 hours in the day)...

so this must have something to do with the password you're given "cavengbar". Or maybe there's some combination like. Stand here. Set it to x, then set it to y.

anybody figure this out?

mosc
[email protected]
Guest?

Post by Guest? »

Ya I started playing this again (played it years ago... never could beat it...)
and I'm stuck in Ironthread too...
wound the yellow clock too... and don't know what to do... one thing I did notice... is that you can ONLY use the clock on that yellow Tile in that room... maybe some significance there?
mosc

Post by mosc »

definately. I think there's some combination of turns. Put it at 3 and then 5 or something. I'm going to treck out to the moster village again to see if there's more tips than "cavengbar" cause I dunno wtf that is for
Capn

Post by Capn »

ya (I was last post) I'm starting a new char too... so I can use that miracle ear again as well...
mosc

Post by mosc »

BTW... Giant Paladin, good alignment

Level 10
765 hp
75 mp
I jacked all I could in luck too think it's 7 or 8

You get MASSIVE hp, mp, can have a AC of 17 wielding 2 speedblades, cast the incridibly nice ultimate good spell for massive damage, and heal urself using omniheal in 1 dose.

I exploit the bank for money. Have as much as I can in the bank before the interst gets subtracted instead of added. Dunno why that happens...

Also I picked seamenship and music. You get magic to start as I have not found the trainers for those. That way you can also easily get all skills.

All the ohter classes, races are not as good :)
Capn

Post by Capn »

I can tell... lol my Elf Swordsman (although only level 9) has but 240HP and 21MP

with 10 luck and 7 charm... ya I have an AC of 19 and a Speedblade and a Holy Blade (for style ;)

but I'm starting up a Mage char this time... a bit harder I find...

Although I know where to get all the skills... I just usually pick them for how much of a hassle they are to get so I do Music and then maybe Bandage cause its a useful one to start with...
Sephy

Post by Sephy »

Does anyone know how to break the code of Vaarbel's Almanac or don't you need to?? It's just that that guy's explanation was a bit confusing...
mosc

Post by mosc »

the book contains a recipie which you get mixed by the guy in one of the dungeons... I'll try to find if it you haven't run into him.

Anyway, you need to translate the numbers in the book into the recipie, it's a real pain in the ass. The guy in randaway (bottom right town of map) will explain how to decode it for a fee. Send me an email [email protected] if you have trouble with it beyond that.

no progress on the Ironhead
mosc

Post by mosc »

Sephy: the one sentence explination of the quest...

find the book, fix the book, decode the book, get one of the ingredients it lists (inclues getting something to hold one of em), and then get it mixed. Then you have yourself a one time invincability potion. Joy. My Char is already too uber as it was.
mosc

Post by mosc »

That wouldn't have been enough but your hint in the email got it for me! My email's already on here. Feel free to beg for my help at any time ;)