Star Trek The next Generation A final unity

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.

Post by Guest »

I've got it working at last! Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if I have any problems in the future.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Excellent, nice job! If you can, share what ended up working in case anyone else runs into it!

I did notice a typo in the mount lines, in case anyone else in future is trying to duplicate your success: c apparently was getting mounted twice:

mount c c:\OLDGAMES
mount c e:\ -t cdrom
c:
INSTALL

That last c probably should have been d, but you obviously figured it out if that typo was the problem in dosbox and not just the post. :)

Correct:
mount d e:\ -t cdrom
d:
INSTALL
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Thank you Quadko! I am typo hehe

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

I did take typing courses however never got a career typiing for a reasonable time frame hehe

My instructors and employers always tells me I get typos so I never became like that one lady who types 90 words a minute as a professional secretary. hehe

So much for taking the easy way out huh?!hehe
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.

Post by Guest »

The mount lines that worked for me:

core dynamic
cycles max 95%
D: (that's not a typo.)
INSTALL

I don't know why that worked but it did. Also, you need the CD in the drive (Drive E for my computer) at all times. If yours isn't E then try replacing e:\ with whatever your disc drive is. It should fix the speed problem and any other issues you have. After it's installed, use:

C
CD\STTNG
STTNG

That should launch it.

Another problem. Sorry.

Post by Guest »

Hi. It's the same guy from before (Adam 19842004.) I have a new problem with the game. It's the same mount lines and system as before:
Windows Vista Service Pack 2
DOSBox 0.74

core dynamic
cycles max 95%
D: (that's not a typo.)
INSTALL

I used these mount lines to install, as I told you a couple of weeks ago, and it worked fine. I have a saved file now that I've played it once. I haven't played it since the first time I got it to work. So I tried to run it today, instead of installing it, since I already installed it. I used the mount lines:

moun c c:\OLDGAMES
c:
cd sttng
sttng

At first it appeared to work, but, just before the game started, this message came up:

Fatal error. Could not find resource file - check CDpath in sttng.ini

I don't want to re-install because it might get rid of my saved game. How do I get it to launch without encountering this problem, or reinstalling it? Also, I couldn't find a file on my system or on the CD called "sttng.ini".
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

You probably still need to mount the cd drive and put the cd in - the error message appears to be saying it can't find the cd.

Try this, just adding the red line to what you have (and put the CD in the drive!):

c:
cd sttng
sttng