SWOTL SM211.exe

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Peacock

SWOTL SM211.exe

Post by Peacock »

I am playing SWOTL on D-fend DOS Box program. It works fine. What I need help with is getting the SM211.exe installed and working so I can restore pilots during the campaigns and tours of duty. The version of SWOTL I am currently using is the one downloaded from Abandonware, though I do have both the floppy disk and diskette version I bought way back in the early 90s....code wheels p layer manual and all.

I am less than a technical expert so if anyone can explain how to get this done it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any help with this. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

SWOTL SM211.exe

Post by Rwolf »

I don't own this game, and I don't know what your SM211.exe is - some unofficial patch?
The latest version of the official patch for the game I've seen is v2.1 which is both available separately as SWUPG.ZIP, or included in the campaign/mission addon disks.

edit: I noted a Vogons thread about the SWOTL game, maybe this is what you are referring to?
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 7&start=20
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

SWOTL SM211.exe

Post by MrFlibble »

Peacock wrote: I am playing SWOTL on D-fend DOS Box program.
<...>
I am less than a technical expert so if anyone can explain how to get this done it would be greatly appreciated.
You will inevitably have to (re)learn to use DOSBox without a front-end to run applications -- I'm assuming that the programme you're referring to is a pilot roster manager. It does not require any technical expertise beyond the simple use of the command line, which I suppose you're familiar with.
Peacock

SWOTL SM211.exe

Post by Peacock »

All I really needed from the SM211 program was the pilot restoration aspect. After I studied it I decided it was far s easier to just write my own program outside of the DosBox, export the career files there, restore them, then return. Problem solved.

Thanks any way.