[kinda off topic] What is this symbol? Is that a macromedia flash player old version or somethng?

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
edy88

[kinda off topic] What is this symbol? Is that a macromedia flash player old version or somethng?

Post by edy88 »

So, I was looking for some old games, and I found some games with this icon:
....png
....png (2.36 KiB) Viewed 4389 times
it does looks like some kind of cult thing. Well, I remember seeing this icon in a lot of the games I played as a child on the computer. I think it's Macromedia Flash Player 5, 2000, but I don't know where to find it, or how to install it. I haven't seen this icon anywhere on the internet.

Any ideas?
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

The icon shown for a specific file type is defined by your operating system's settings. If you just tell the extension of the files for which it is showing this might be a clue.

But please remember that back in the DOS days, there were very vague and limited standards for file types compared to the Windows era, and many developers picked whatever file extensions they deemed fit for their game data files. And there isn't really a lot of freedom when the extension is just three letters. So an application that is installed on your PC might wrongly identify certain files because they just happen to have the same extension as one of the associated file types for this programme, without any real connection.