Cyberdogs Music don't work

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Greybird141

Cyberdogs Music don't work

Post by Greybird141 »

Hello all,I am new here and currently i am playing Cyberdogs,not sequel C-Dogs,its first Cyberdogs.I found a problem that Cyberdogs dont have music,just sound of guns.As I am search,there on Official Site is a file which will fix that problem,but I dont know what to do.Is there anyone who know how to explain this noob person to fix that music problem?
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

I just checked out an archived copy of Ronny Wester's page of the game, which says:
In order to get music in Cyberdogs you will need to get hold of some module files, convert them to a compatible format and then enter the filenames into DOGS.INI. What I didn't realize at the time was that the AMF format used by Cyberdogs was subject to change without notice (it did say so in the manual, but I hadn't read that part) so you'll need a specific version of the conversion utility, namely this one:
Apparently this means that you can convert any music you want into a compatible format and then the game will play it as specified. But since there are no AMF files in the download, it appears that no "official" music was included with the game in the first place.
Greybird141

Post by Greybird141 »

Oh thanks for the help,but I was find someone who took Cyberdogs and make Cyberdogs SDL,so its more stable and more funny to play. Sorry for your time! :)