cannon fodder

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
shinta464

cannon fodder

Post by shinta464 »

i can't play cannon fodder.

when i try to save the settings it tells me

DOS path not found

what do i do???

email me @ [email protected]

Post by Guest »

running it in pure dos mode or from dos/command shell in windows?

Try renaming so no identifier in path has more than 8 characters and total is less than 255 characters including drive letter. If this doesn't help and you're in pure dos, then the problem is in some game settings file. Check them and set them up to reflect the path you use or reinstall game and once again, install to a path with indentifier length of 8 or less.

If running in shell from windows by use of a PIF-file, r-click the .pif, hit programs tab, and for Execute in (as in so many other threads, i'm not certain of its name in english. second from the top though). Set it to whatever directory you have your stuff in. If it's installed in C:\Cannon, then enter that in second text box.

Finally, if you do have it in a "cannon fodder" folder instead of renaming the folder (which might cause game install settings problems forcing you to muck around with those as mentioned above, or reinstalling), you could try using that in the pif file by placing single quotes around it all, such as
'c:\cannon fodder\cannon.exe' assuming that's the executable's name
'c:\cannon fodder'
If this doesn't work, you could also try removing any whitespaces from the path name, and disregarding those take the first 6 characters from the identifier that is longer than 8 characters (or have space in it) and use something like
C:\cannon~1\cannon.exe
C:\cannon~1
in this particular case the white space occurs after the 6 first and doesn't come into play. just to give a clear picture of how it works, if you have the game in C:\my documents\cannon fodder\
c:\mydocu~1\cannon~1\cannon.exe
c:\mydocu~1\cannon~1
or if in a directory c:\ca fo
c:\cafo~1\....