warcraft 2 in dosbox using an iso

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
mrcoffee 10000

warcraft 2 in dosbox using an iso

Post by mrcoffee 10000 »

Now I don't know quite how to get this game working on dos box. I downloaded a zip file. I read somewhere you could drop the exe file onto dos box and run the game...but it says I need the cd which I do not have because its an iso...if some on could give me step by step instructions on how to get the game up and running using a iso file I would greatly appreciate it.

Jesus Christ!hehe You just need to turn that ISO into a CD.

Post by Guest »

Make sure you get IMGBURN for free. Then burn the image file with the extension .iso to a CD. It makes that file into a CD. Once you have it as a CD just go to DOS mode and insert your new game on the CD you made.

Praise Jesus Christ he took perfect care of me for the rest of my life so that I am happy, safe, etc.

I am only returning the favor to so many who have helped me out past, present, and future.

Enjoy.

P.S.
Once you are in DOSBox type in:

mount c c:\
mount d d:\ -t cdrom

When you insert your new CD, type:

d:
dir/w

Then look for a file name install or setup.

If you see one of those just type in install or setup.

It usually has the extension .exe

Enjoy as the pirates say it hehe
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: Jesus Christ!hehe You just need to turn that ISO into a

Post by MrFlibble »

Anonymous wrote:Make sure you get IMGBURN for free. Then burn the image file with the extension .iso to a CD.
Actually DOSBox can mount CD images (ISO, BIN/CUE etc.) directly via the IMGMOUNT command, without the need to burn the image to a physical CD.

That said, please note that Warcraft II is not a freeware game. You can however download the free and legit shareware version, which contains six unique levels not found in the retail game.

The CD shareware version (includes briefing voice-overs, completely animated intro cinematic and previews of other Blizzard games) is available here. The downloadable version (no briefing voices and a static slide-show version of the intro cinematic) can be downloaded here.