1993 Jetpack game levels

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Greenwater

1993 Jetpack game levels

Post by Greenwater »

I just remembered about the old jetpack game. So I downloaded the game and got it working fine. I also found all the levels that I made back in the day. I saved them to a CD, and I found it. Now, the levels are in a file named .lev But the jetpack that I downloaded saves the levels in .jet.

Does anyone know a place with info on this, or a way to convert them.

I know it's a long shot, but thanks
-Kyle
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Stupid question, but can you just rename the file .jet?

But different platforms or versions could definitely have changed the file format since often they load directly into memory back then.

Good luck!

Post by Guest »

No, good question. ha ha. I already tried that and it didn't work. But thanks
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Brainstorming:

Is this the right Jetpack Game? This looks like the developer's site, and it has .jet levels to download along with the game. He has an "old version" download, that might be worth a try.

I assume there is a level editor; any chance it can import .lev files and export .jet files?

The page has a list of fan sites, they might have info or even conversion utilities, or at least educated forum members. (!)

He also has a service@ email address, maybe worth an email?

And of course, any chance it's a different-but-similar jetpack game you're looking for?

I admit, if it were me, I'd open a .lev file and a .jet file in a hex editor and see if there is anything obviously similar or different, but I'm weird that way. :) I didn't see a level editor download on the site, but maybe it's just built into the normal download/game.