SO much effort...

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
ollymillmill

SO much effort...

Post by ollymillmill »

after posting in "trying to find a game" section i eventually remembered the game i was looking for. Myth the fallen lords. im on a new imac dual core, bought in december 2010. i found a demo of my game and went to play it but it said "classic enviroment no longer supported", (the demo is originally from 1997-1999) it seems like it would take A LOT of effort just to get this demo working, tried sheepshaver but found that i needed an endless list of compatible roms and so on just to get the emulator to work. is there another emulator thats easy to install etc then play the game, or will it take lots of searching,downloading,coding etc to just get the demo finally working?
ollymillmill

Post by ollymillmill »

just thought...could i not download a pc emulator and then play the pc version of the demo...? therefore eliminating the need for a classic enviroment emulator...?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

You could try to run it on WINE.
Or VMWare/W98SE.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
ollymillmill

Post by ollymillmill »

ok yup done all that, got wine now and installed my game but after it installed it said "installed to C://" etc then says click close to exit setup... then what? all the tutorials just convieniently have the play now button after install on their chosen games. iv checked at winehq and the game is compatible...
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

No idea.

Questions about WINE should better be asked on a WINE forum, don't you think?
Better chance to get an answer there to get your stuff running.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.