Sluggo's Imperium Galactica topic [Win7]

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Sluggo wrote: Anyways, I did make a clean install of windows so the issue is resolved and I managed to install the game using your instructions. So the game works now and no problems detected. So thanks for your help.

"mount c d:\spel\oldgames" <--- works

"mount d g:\ -t cdrom" <works> installed the game to "C:\IMPERIUM" (Did not change the path in the setup)

After installation, I ran the "Auto Detect Sound" and then "Save & Exit".

Ran the game and it works with sound. So thanks for the help.
End swell, all swell, I guess.
You're welcome.

.................................................... :laugh:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Sluggo

Post by Sluggo »

I only got one question now. Since the game works and I got this patch 1.3 for the game, how do i patch it? Says stub error (2003): can't find "dpmi16bi.ovl". How do I install the patch?

Oh forgot to mention.. I got no idea what version of the game is EU or US, is there anyway to find out? I assumed it was US since it was a torrent download, they usually be US. Probably need to get the right patch...
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

The patch....? Depends .... what is it you have?
An exe that needs to be ran in Dos? ...
Some files that need to overwrite others? Simple copy/paste ....????
Win (executable?) or dos....?

????????????????????????????????????
Without any relevant details from you I can't answer your questions. After all, I'm (still) not clairvoyant. :)

As for version -> readme on CD.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Sluggo

Post by Sluggo »

Um... Good question :P

It contains:

Folders: Data, Setup
Filles: Imperium, Install, Intro, Main & Title.

I guess it could be a copy/paste via Dosbox?

As for the version -> there was no readme in the ISO.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Seems you have the copy/paste version. You get that error whilst trying to run 'install' because apparently it ain't to install the update but to replace the install for sound/game settings in the game folder.

Before you try anything, copy that whole \imperium\ folder in your \oldgames\ to a safe place (a flash drive, temp folder or whatever, so if anything goes wrong simply delete the \oldgames\imperium\ folder and put the copy back.

Now copy paste all the update stuff (do it windows, works easier) in your \oldgames\imperium\ folder, allow overwrite.
It seems to have the file/folder structure that the game installs on the HD as far as I can see.

FYI:
My 'readme' says: Imperium Galactica 1.3 English (USA) version.
Sluggo

Post by Sluggo »

Ah, thanks, vill try it.

As for the readme, I meant the version of the game not the patch :P

As I downloaded from a torrent, there was no readme file in the iso. So not sure if I got US or EU version of the game, and if its EU then the US patch won't be compatible, but I guess Trial n error will tell me... AFTEr I have backed up the game folder ofcourse :)