Daggerfall suddenly doesn't work!!!!!

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Eraser

Daggerfall suddenly doesn't work!!!!!

Post by Eraser »

I have daggerfall and it worked fine. In an effort to solve a different problem with most of my other games, I updated my sis chipset drivers during the week.

Daggerfall had worked the weekend before and the weekend after it didn't work. in Sandra it says my vid card doesn't support vga, but i didn't change anything with my video card!

Anyone know how i can get VGA back and run daggerfall again?

sys info:
asus motherboard w sis chipset
gf3ti500
w2kpro
Tombstone
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tombstone »

I could be mistaken, but Daggerfall could do a routine system analysis upon installation, and configure itself for your hardware at that time. It's not uncommon. By making changes to the system (drivers, etc.), the configuration may have been invalidated.

Try this:

1. Re-name the "Daggerfall" folder to something else, like "DGF2".

2. Re-install the game from the CD-ROM.

3. Copy the save-game files from "DGF2" to the new "Daggerfall" folder.

4. Run the game.

5. If it works, delete the "DGF2" folder.
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

That didn't help. When I run the game, it goes into dos and then i get a black screen. I can alt-tab and get back into windows to close it.

I think something disabled my vga if thats even possible.
I made no video card changes and in sandra in says it isn't vga compatable. but daggerfall worked before.

I hate computers :Angry:

thanks for trying. I'm going to try and screw around with settings and see if i can get it to work again
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

Look around in System Tools for Video Acceleration and bring it down a level or two or try setting your video depth to a lower rate (in Display)- I know that 24-bit wont work with some games, try setting the video depth to 256 colours.
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

When it worked I had my card set exactly the same as it is now. I also updated my drivers but DF didn't work before I updated them.

I had the color depth to 32-bit when it worked, so that shouldn't be it, but I'll try it.