Help finding old RPG/Adventure game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
fudgedelic

Help finding old RPG/Adventure game

Post by fudgedelic »

I'm trying to find a game i used to play back in the early 90's on Windows 3.1 All i can really remember is that it was a RPG/adeventure game. Basically you started by building your character and you had some stats you could tweak like stamina, dexterity, charisma and so on. You started in a littlte town if you could call it that but you immediately went like underground in to a dungeon sort of thing. You would start to explore through this dungeon and encounter different rooms and monsters and gain experience for killing monsters and level up as well as finding various items like armor. The play was in a sense somewhat turn based in that everytime you made a move the monster would make a move or cast a spell. The view was overhead and your character was just a little torso that was like a little shirtless muscle guy. I remember certain spells like a lightning bolt and clairvoyance or something. I really want to say there was castle in the name but i could be way off. I know this is vague but it's really killing me not remembering, hope something pops in to someones mind.
Icedragon
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Icedragon »

Could be Diablo, though that was a bit later.
Icedragon
fudgedelic

Post by fudgedelic »

definitely not diablo, thanks for reading my post tho
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

I'm pretty confident it's called "Castle of the Winds"
Don't know where you can download it, but google / underdogs should have it.
fudgedelic

Post by fudgedelic »

Wow, yup that's the game you are truly a life saver, thank you very much.