Old Game -- Marine Hymn Music?

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Duff

Old Game -- Marine Hymn Music?

Post by Duff »

This is going to be really vague, but it's all I can remember. I have a memory of a really old video game I played as a child, and it had on the soundtrack a sped up version of the marines' hymn, "From the halls of montezuma..." The game was a 2d sidescroller, and I'm pretty sure it was for DOS or early windows, although it could have been for commodore 64 as well, as these are the systems I had growing up. I seem to remember the game being in a medieval environment, and the hero having a sword, but I could be confusing details between old games I played.

I've been searching on google and can't come up with anything, so please -- if anyone remembers an old video game that used the marines' hymn, help me out before the frustration destroys me.

The song:

I recorded it with two different synths, since I can't remember what exactly it sounded like in the game, whether it was a hard or soft sounding synth. I figure if anyone knows what I'm talking about, hearing the song might help.

duffx.com/music/rand/hymn2.mp3
duffx.com/music/rand/hymn1.mp3
(copy/paste, it won't let me post links)

Thanks,
-Duff
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

Is it Captain Comic?

A silly superhero game, but it did have that background music.
Duff

Post by Duff »

Oh my god, thank you. That's the game. I remembered the castle in the very beginning, and that's why I thought it was medieval-themed. I can finally rest in peace knowing what the game is, haha. Thanks again.

-Duff
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

glad I could help :D
oldbushie
My Other Computer Is A</br>386 Laptop

Post by oldbushie »

Captain Comic 2 rocks as well. Pity there isn't a third, but I'm planning on making a fangame to rectify that... ;)

Captain Comic's nephew goes on a search to find him...