“Above The Influence game”

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
pxhx

Post by pxhx »

This is a late 90s early 2000s PC game that I believe could be played at "above the influence dot com" before but now when i try that website nothing comes up.

The premise of the game was a group of about 5 teenagers or young adults and they were in this room where most of the game took place. The characters also looked goth or alternative. I recall the game having a drawn aspect to it like maybe it was 2d animation and/or all in black and white The room didn't have much to it and was just the background for the characters to stand against. About 3 of them were sitting on this couch and the other two were standing. Some of the objects in the room were personified like the couch had a mouth and would eat things and there was this paper bag that talked too. I'm not too sure if i'm remembering this part correctly, but I think you were able to tap each character and they would have they're own little mini game too then it would go back to the main room with all the characters in it and the couch.

Something that sticks out in my memory about this game is how it was about smoking and/or spreading smoking awareness. I think the game was meant to show how smoking can affect young adults and that's why I remember the game being on "above the influence dot com" or it being called that. I just know that the words "above the influence" have something to do with it. I think this game may have been a product of all the anti-smoking advertisingthey used to give in the late 90s and early 2000s.

I've searched everywhere for this game and can't find it or even figure out if it's real :/ I hope someone else out there remembers this game too!
thankss :)
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

The abovetheinfluence website seems still to be there when I looked just now; however the older content seems to have been flash-based, and the website states you need javacript & flash to use it unfortunately the latter has been discontinued for security reasons and removed from most websites.

(For those websites still using it, there are special tools to run it in a sandbox, unless they have ported their flash games to other environments.)

There might be some older bits to find at the wayback machine website, but usually flash code is not archived.