PC game from the 90s

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Glewis90

PC game from the 90s

Post by Glewis90 »

There's a game I played as a kid that had a bunch of games on it (not exactly mini games though from what I remember, as they had a decent level of progress you could make on some).
It was a CD. I want to say it was called "Kids 250" or something similar but that might be a skewed memory. All games were 2D. I can remember some of the games in it - one was a lawn mowing game. You had to mow all the grass on the screen. Another was a submarine one where you had to drop depth charges to kill the different sized moving submarines below. Another was a game similar to pacman where you had to use arrow keys to direct a character in the 2D field to gather all the fruit while avoiding spikes and other hazards.
I've searched and searched online and haven't been able to find it and it's driving me nuts! I'm sure part of the difficulty in finding it is the fact that it's not just a single game, but a demo of sorts with a ton of games in it to choose from.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PC game from the 90s

Post by Rwolf »

It was probably one of a multitude of shovelware CD:s, usually such games had nothing in common, other than being free/shareware, in your case intended for kids, so less violent perhaps. I did not find any bundle on Mobygames with a suitable title, but there were many such releases, and not all are preserved.

On the other hand, maybe the submarine game is in this group: https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/de ... e-variants
Glewis90

PC game from the 90s

Post by Glewis90 »

Thanks for the reply. I did end up finding what I think was the submarine game. Depth Charge looks very familiar. Unfortunately it didn't help me find the particular CD that I'm referring to but I understand what you said about it being free/shareware type of game and therefore harder to find.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PC game from the 90s

Post by MrFlibble »

Trying to find a particular shovelware CD is nearly hopeless, and equally pointless -- these CDs usually had shareware games which can be found elsewhere with relative ease, you do not need the exact CD you had back then, unless for nostalgic reasons only.

Please consider making separate thread requests for each game you're interested in.
AA DOS

PC game from the 90s

Post by AA DOS »

Did you find it? I know what you are talking about. The lawnmower was like a move puzzle type game and I cant remember any of the others.