Sci-Fi Diablo kind of game, 1995-2000 [Cybermercs: The soldier of 22nd Century]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Chrono

Post by Chrono »

Hello,

Im looking for a game that i played when i was a kid, around 1995-2000. I forgot the title even thou i think it had the "mercenary" word in it, but honestly not sure. I ll provide all details i can remember from many many years ago. The game was for PC, not sure if it was for other platforms too.

The game was like diablo. I remember you could pick up 3 classes, one bulky man, one girl and one middle aged man. The statistics were like diablo except it had Science as one of the parameters.

The game was in missions, the enviroment were all either space stations invaded by aliens or spaceships. At the start of all missions you had a count of the objectives which normaly were to destroy all alien eggs, destroy all aliens and also to recover X items. The eggs spawned monsters if they were not dealt quickly. The monsters they spawn was some kind of worm-snake, yellow-orange. This worm could grow and becoming a two legged crawling yellow alien.

At the end of each missions you were in some kind of space station where you could visit merchants to purchase / repair, weapons, armors, chips and also boost your parameters using cyber implants with the golds you got from the mission.

The weapons were pistol, shotguns, flamethrowers and some laser guns too.

Thats all i can remember, I hope someone can help me remembering this game.

Thanks
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Sci-Fi Diablo kind of game, 1995-2000

Post by MrFlibble »

"Sci-Fi" and "Diablo-like" brought Space Hack (a.k.a. Maximus XV Abraham Strong: Space Mercenary) to mind. Admittedly I had to look up the title and did not immediately find it because I only remembered the Maximus part (thankfully it sufficed after all :)).
Chrono

Post by Chrono »

No it is not this game, but luckily just 5 minutes ago i found out it was Cybermercs: The soldier of 22nd Century, by reading one of the comments on this forum.

Thanks for the help.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Thanks, here's Mobygames entry: Cybermercs: The soldier of 22nd Century