Survival/crafting game where a pirate's ship gets wrecked while looking for a treasure [The Family Treasure]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
FlootGuy

Survival/crafting game where a pirate's ship gets wrecked while looking for a treasure [The Family Treasure]

Post by FlootGuy »

Possible genres: Survival, Pirates, logic, puzzle
Graphics style: Isometric 2D, heavily pixelated graphics and text, 8bit (not sure as it didn't have many colors and had high contrast and low brightness; not much bright colors)
Main character: The pirate. Other characters: A crow, an island inhabitant (woman), A rival Pirate
Objective: Survive a shipwreck and craft things to get back on land to resume a treasure hunt.
Gameplay Style: Point and click. You could click on the ground to pick-up things and make the pirate move

The game starts with a pirate on a raft, floating on the sea. In the middle of the raft there was the mast of the ship (like a wooden pole) and a crow sitting on it.
On the left was a barrel which was full of 'Ale'. You had to put some ale in a mug so that the crow comes down and will therefore allow you to use the mast to craft things. (There was a rope or something on the mast)

Keywords: Shipwreck, Pirate, Treasure, Ale, Crow, mast, craft

I played this game on Windows 7 in 2013 and it was given to me on a CD.
I could not find anything on Google or other databases. Upon further research, I found out that the game highly resembles this game: "The Secret of Monkey Island (1990). I'm not sure the game I'm looking for was a MSDOS game but since it was very similar to this Monkey Island game, I came here hoping to find something.
I've attached a picture that I made to give you an idea of what the game looked like. This is only one tiny part of the game.

Thanks
Attachments
Pirate game.jpg
Pirate game.jpg (48.75 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Survival/crafting game where a pirate's ship gets wrecked while looking for a treasure

Post by MrFlibble »

FlootGuy wrote: I could not find anything on Google or other databases. Upon further research, I found out that the game highly resembles this game: "The Secret of Monkey Island (1990). I'm not sure the game I'm looking for was a MSDOS game but since it was very similar to this Monkey Island game, I came here hoping to find something.
Your description made me think of the start of Goblins Quest 3, somehow, and since nothing better comes to mind I thought I'd mention it here.

Here's the scene on the ship (IIRC it's actually flying in the air):
FlootGuy

Survival/crafting game where a pirate's ship gets wrecked while looking for a treasure

Post by FlootGuy »

MrFlibble wrote: Your description made me think of the start of Goblins Quest 3, somehow, and since nothing better comes to mind I thought I'd mention it here.
Hello, MrFlibble,
Thnx for the reply.
Sadly, this is not the game I'm looking for although it bears some of the similarities
The one I'm looking had a human pirate as the main character and I think he had a red beard (and looked like your stereotypical pirate)

Thnx again.
FlootGuy

Post by FlootGuy »

Hello,
I found the title of my game on another community (r/...)
It turned out that the game wasn't a DOS game but a game produced for a competition by amateur developers in 2006. The game's name is "The Family Treasure" (this is why I never found it using Google) and it was available for free on the internet at some point.

Thank you for you help, though!
Here's an actual screenshot of the game, lol
Attachments
Screenshot (492).png
Screenshot (492).png (9.45 KiB) Viewed 1053 times