Some kind of breakout clone

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
gamehunting

Post by gamehunting »

Hi everyone. I have been desperately trying to find a game from my childhood, any help would be appreciated! This would be early-mid 00's (I think on PC), not certain if it was on a CD or came stock with Windows or something else entirely.

Basically the game was a ball bouncing from the bottom of screen to top. I controlled a log/landing pad that the ball had to land on and if I didn't catch it, I lost.

There'd be things that fell from the sky that if I caught it on my 'log' then it'd make the ball bounce faster or slower. Or it could make my log landing pad longer (so it'd be easier to catch ball) or shorter and then it'd be extra hard.

Any help appreciated!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

gamehunting wrote: Basically the game was a ball bouncing from the bottom of screen to top. I controlled a log/landing pad that the ball had to land on and if I didn't catch it, I lost.

There'd be things that fell from the sky that if I caught it on my 'log' then it'd make the ball bounce faster or slower. Or it could make my log landing pad longer (so it'd be easier to catch ball) or shorter and then it'd be extra hard.
What you're looking for is a Breakout clone. It's a very popular genre, with lots of titles across different platforms.

MobyGames has a huge list of these games, for all platforms:
https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/br ... t,0/so,1a/

But if you're sure it was for Windows, we can narrow it down to that platform:
https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ ... ames/x,64/

DX-Ball was a pretty popular title.

Note however that these lists are not 100pc exhaustive, and also you might have played a DOS game in Windows as well.