Dig machine game [Bomberman vs Digger]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
gu250

Post by gu250 »

What platform did you play this game on (DOS, Windows, Mac, etc.)?
Windows, don't remember if was 98 or XP.

What year(s) did you play this game in?
2002-2008

What was the genre of the game? (for a quick reference, take a look at the genre list at MobyGames)
I think is more to a puzzle.

Were the graphics 2D or 3D?
2D

What was the plot (if any) and the setting of the game?
It's a game that you would dig and collect diamonds and there were also other cars that you needed to destroy to take the diamonds.
So first objective is take diamonds.

What was the perspective of the game (first-person, third person, bird's eye view etc.)?
It's like bird's eye (I think), like others old dig games.

If there was a main character (or characters), was he/she/it visible? What did the (main) character(s) look like?
Yes, he is visible, and was a car/machine.

What were the objectives in the game? Did you have to fight, collect resources, find weapons, solve puzzles?
Collect resources without take out fuel. Have rocks that u have to move and if a stone falls on you, you die.

Then, a quick summary:

The game had a car/machine that was "digging", then it had fuel for you to pass the level, the objective was to collect the diamonds, so for example if you passed under a stone and it fell on it, you would explode .. I have anottation of how many diamonds and cars in each level, don't know if it help.
Level 1 - 16 diamonds and 8 cars
Level 3 - 66 diamonds

Thanks guys!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Dig machine game

Post by MrFlibble »

Hello and thanks for working through the posting guidelines so diligently!

Your game is apparently a Digger or Boulder Dash clone, so an obvious suggestion would be Digger Remastered I guess.

If your game ain't that, you might want to look in lists of similar titles:
https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/mr-do-variants
https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/bo ... h-variants
gu250

Dig machine game

Post by gu250 »

Thanks for the help! I could find it, and it was the Bomberman vs Digger!! :love: :love: :love:

Now I go find a way to play the game, because of the compatibility. :shifty:

Obs. It's hard to find a way to download the game :cry:
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Mobygames link: https://www.mobygames.com/game/bomberman-vs-digger

The developers archived homepage has a free download of the game, v1.2. (unless corrupt, or cut down by the archiver, I'm not sure - at the time there was a limit of the archives of about 1MB, but the file was about this size according to the developers download page, so maybe it was small enough to fit in its entirety.)

I downloaded it, and it seems to work...the arrow controls are a bit iffy though.
(The free registration does not work of course, the website is gone now, and there is some advertising for the developers other games every time one starts the game - which was supposedly removed by registering. Unfortunately, you cannot save or load games with the unregistered version. I have seen som alternative versions, but they seem to be malware, corrupt or linking back to the now disappeared developer site.)
gu250

Post by gu250 »

Very, very thanks, yes I can played it with a windows XP machine in VMWare. In windows 10 my screen stays white.
I'm very happy to be able to play this game from my childhood again.
You played in win XP too?
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

No I tried it on an old real Vista, but with compatibility modes for Win2000, NT4, Win95; for some reason my arrow keys won't work in this game, except one. Maybe because of a different language key layout, I can't say?

Anyway, if you got it to run in XP VM, good enough.

edit: I figured it out - the game has problems when you have multiple input devices connected; I had a joystick hooked up, and most of the game controls got mapped onto various buttons on the stick; only one stayed on the keyboard. As there is no key configuration in the game, I didn't notice first, but I remembered another game (Dead Space) doing something similar.