PC tactical wargame around 2004-2006 maybe

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
LilyValley

Post by LilyValley »

I played the game on my low spec laptop so I don't think it's a heavy one. I remembered playing it when I was 10 or so, so around 2004-2006. I cant really remember if it's 2D/3D but it feels simpler to me, with its green lines. Its all seen from bird's eye view.
Not sure if it has any plot but its end goal is to win the war. No main characters (at least one that is memorable enough), no monsters and it's not turn-based.
Hardly any human characters depicted on the map/ground, mostly tanks or helicopters but there's many different versions of them.
I don't know what company published, I kinda roped into it by my brother so I dont really pay attention to details.

Almost like Warcraft III The Frozen Throne but with tanks. I compared them because I played both almost at the same time, definitely playing it offline, just me against the AI, no multiplayer.

I really want to try and play it again, it feels so nostalgic. I think it will ring a bell if I can see some images of it because I really really cannot remember its name and there's already thousands of similar games in market so almost everything sounded the same.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Was there any base-building or just commanding units?

RTS with tanks that came around the same time as Warcraft III, and also utilise 3D graphics, include such titles as Eartth 2150, Warzone 2100 and Thandor: The Invasion.

Maybe just look in these lists?
Windows Real-Time Strategy games
Windows wargames
LilyValley

Post by LilyValley »

It's just commanding units.
Unfortunately it was none that was suggested.
I will try to look for it in the lists again, just hoping anyone might know/remember it.
Thank you for the suggestions.