2D Dungeon Crawler Windows 95/Pc

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Patryk272

Post by Patryk272 »

Hi, there isn't much I can write for the topic but I will give as much detail as I can.
I'm looking for a 2D bird-eye view game where you control a selected hero and if I recall correctly you start in a dungeon. Before I get to the specifics; I played that game around year 1997-2000 as a demo so I never knew if a full version of it came out. Without further ado I'll now describe the 2D bird-eye view dungeon crawler that I'm looking for. I remember that the main menu screen had about 4 or 5 heroes standing facing the player in a similar way to the pack of heroes from Armageddon's Blade campaign homm. They stood in what looked like a castle chamber. A knight, a ranger, a wizard, a barbarian, and maybe a black knight? The demo version only allowed to play as the ranger. It was a pretty short experience for me. The ranger in green cloak shot yellow arrows so thin that looked like needles. Golden spiders and brown minotaurs were roaming around the dungeon or cave. The ground was brown-grayish dirt with pebbles and the creatures spawned from their layers. There were stains of blood with corpses when creatures were slain.

Back in 1997-1999 I remember that my father bought pirate CD games for PC for windows 95 from a salesperson at a marketplace which had different varieties of demo games such as JazzJackrabbit 2, Disney Hercules, Jungle book, Dynamite Joe, the one I was describing and more. Now for this particular game that is about the topic I used the keyboard to move my character "aswd" or arrow keys and space bar to shoot. I don't own that CD anymore. I hope this will help. Many thanks.
Last edited by Patryk272 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Swiftcutter
Expert
Expert

2D Dungeon Crawler Windows/Pc

Post by Swiftcutter »

It sounds kinda like Gauntlet. Gauntlet Legends came out in 98, but it was 3D. Maybe a clone of the older games?
Patryk272

2D Dungeon Crawler Windows/Pc

Post by Patryk272 »

That's a close comparison but still it's not it. It was over 20 years ago I played. Based on my flashbacks I would compare the 2D bird eye view to "Decision Medieval" but with older graphics. Not pixel. Also I might be wrong but in the past several years I once had a magazine with games. I thought I came across it but I ignored the fact that I did. The name of that game might start with an "A"
Thanks for your response.
Patryk272

Post by Patryk272 »

I'm not in rush but I'm still looking for this game. If it can't be found then I'll abandon this topic.