Early\mid 2000s Gta style game.

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
vicundcomic32

Early\mid 2000s Gta style game.

Post by vicundcomic32 »

I can't remember exactly the platform but I know it was for a console, probably Original Xbox, Ps2, or Ps3. I remember playing it around 2005-2008-ish.

It was an Action-Adventure game, 3rd Person, Crime, Open-world, 3D. I can't remember exactly, but again I think I played it around 2005-2008-ish.

It was open-world so I was able to explore the whole map. It was a Third-Person game. You could steal any car and run around on foot as well. It did have a mini-map and I could see the where the police were on there. The police on the mini map were indicated by flashing red and blue dots. You did have guns and were able to collect any from enimies I think. You were in a large city, Probably based off NYC. I can't remember the plot exactly.

I specifically remember you were able to throw a smoke bomb onto the ground near an Npc and your character would change to that Npc. The main character (When he wasn't changed) was a white male, dark hair. There were some police officers that were wearing thick black double button overcoats. Black and white police cars. some police cars only had the single red rotary light on the top and the others had both red and blue. The police cars were boxy. There was a helicopter that was on the top of a parking garage but you couldn't fly it. The SWAT vans looked like a 1985 Chevrolet box delivery van.

I dont remember the developer or publisher.