2D computed game, educational, had a cat and dog

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Alas_she

2D computed game, educational, had a cat and dog

Post by Alas_she »

This was a game I used to play on my PC when I was really young. It was for kids. It had a cat and a dog who travelled around the world in a hot air balloon and told you specific things about a place you went to. You could also do specific things in each spot, e.g, I remember very distinctly when I'd choose to go to New York, the dog would say 'New York City, also known as the big apple' or something like that. You could make burgers there, like from Papa's Burgeria (not sure if that's the name) but you could only do so many specific in one specific place. Like, I remember if you went to France you could paint or something. You could do more than one thing but they were distinct to each place.

It wasn't really educational because you could press on a place's name and they'd say one fact like 'New York is the big apple' or 'France is home to the Eiffel Tower' and so on. Then you'd just have fun doing stuff at those places. Does anyone know what this game might be? It's been irking me for years.