Match 3 game, characters are balls, has story, and open world with top down view

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
szabesz63

Match 3 game, characters are balls, has story, and open world with top down view

Post by szabesz63 »

Hey, I'm new to this place so I'm sorry if I break any rules. The game I am looking for has the thing I wrote in subject. It's a Windows game, and it has a story if I recall correctly ball characters against shadows, and you can also explore an island covered in snow. I also have a memory that you could go to the edge and you wouldn't fall down. If I should provide any more information, let me know!

EDIT: Not exactly, top down view, but a little bit to the side, and also, the open world is 3D!

Some more information: I don't know when the game was released, but I played it around 2012-2014. The ball characters were fluffy. The objective was to build things, for example I remember an astronomy place where there was an telescope. The general gameplay was match 3. I think there was a day-night cycle, but not sure!

More information: The artstyle was very cartoony, and it also had very good graphics
Last edited by szabesz63 on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Match 3 game, characters are balls, has story, and open world with top down view.

Post by Rwolf »

These rounded characters usually end up in this group: https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/protagonist-blob
szabesz63

Match 3 game, characters are balls, has story, and open world with top down view.

Post by szabesz63 »

I looked through it, but it's not there. Thanks for the help though!
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

There are also the tile matching groups, depending on how you matched 3 items, lots of entries though:

https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/ge ... le-removal

https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/ge ... e-creation
szabesz63

Post by szabesz63 »

I looked through both of them, but couldn't find it. It might be a Big Fish Games, Inc game because their logo looks very familiar, and also it might be in the "Falling block puzzle" category since I remember the match 3 part had the balls falling down. The list is very long though, I'll try to look through it.

https://www.mobygames.com/company/big-fish-games-inc

https://www.mobygames.com/genre/sheet/f ... ck-puzzle/
szabesz63

Post by szabesz63 »

Still looking for the game, can anyone help out?
szabesz63

Post by szabesz63 »

I'm not sure if bumping is against the rules, but I'm still looking for the game (on and off), but haven't found it, I can't really provide more information about the game though
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Bumping is okay, it's in the rules actually. Maybe someone will show up and provide more info about your game.

BTW I merged your triple post at the start into the first post of the topic.
szabesz63

Post by szabesz63 »

Ah alright thanks a lot!
szabesz63

Post by szabesz63 »

I'm once again searching for the game, and I have more information: On the snowy island there was a cave, and the story was that in the cave there were shadowy figures that would try to come out of the cave , and you had to fight them, but this was the Match 3 part of the game.

I also remember in the game there were some mini events, for example one that I remember is I think at night, the shadow figures would come outside the cave, and you had to fight them somehow, but I don't really remember how, and after you fought them it was daytime
szabesz63

Post by szabesz63 »

I looked through a lot of Mobygames developers, publishers, categories etc. but can't find really find anything, there's a chance the game is not even there. I also tried searching on google for some keywords for example "floating island game" but that also doesn't really work.

Can someone tell me websites that usually had/has these types of downloadable games in them? Maybe I'll have better luck searching there.
szabesz63

Post by szabesz63 »

Gonna have to bump this one again, I'm really keen on finding the game, and been looking for years now. I can't really add any more information, all I remember I wrote down, if you have anything to add, or that you are also looking for the game please make a comment!
szabesz63

Post by szabesz63 »

I know it's the 4th time now that I'm bumping this, and might get annoying, but if you are bored and wanna help me find the game I would really appreciate it, I'm also still looking for the game, but no luck yet.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

No worries, as long as you don't bump too often this is the way to go.

You say characters were fluffy balls, were they like those odd toys with sticky feet and eyes that were popular in the 90s? Maybe like these guys here?
szabesz63

Post by szabesz63 »

MrFlibble wrote: No worries, as long as you don't bump too often this is the way to go.

You say characters were fluffy balls, were they like those odd toys with sticky feet and eyes that were popular in the 90s? Maybe like these guys here?
I don't think they had feet, and I think they were jumping around when moving. I think the fluffy balls look more like this from Club Penguin, but with smaller eyes, and maybe the "hair" being all over their body, but a bit less sticking out, but I'm not sure. Image

I'll try to make drawings of places I remember, and post them here soon, but it will be kinda tough, as I don't really remember everything clearly.

Also, I made a comment about how the shadowy figures would come out of the cave on your island and had to fight them, now if I remember correctly, the way you fought them is clicking them with your mouse, I'm not 100% sure about this, but just occurred to me.