20s Sci-fi Real-time strategy game [Machines]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
leapdr

Post by leapdr »

Hi everyone, would like to ask for help in remembering the game I played when I'm like 8 to 13 years old. So maybe the game has been published around year 2000 to 2005. It's a real-time strategy game and these are all I can remember:
1. Map is in a different planet.
2. There something like oil refinery.
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY there are spider unit(I don't know if they're robots). But unfortunately, these are not just the available units for battle.
4. The Spider units I think is called "Rippers/Reapers", and as I remember, when they spawn, they say in a robotic tone: "Reaper's Online".
5. The spider unit may carry one or two laser weapon. They can also carry one or two machine gun weapons.
6. There are probably tank units that can also carry machine gun weapons.
7. A robot unit that can also carry one or two, i think plasma weapon.
8. There are something like engineer robot units.
9. FINALLY, as I remember, you CAN "PILOT UNITS".

It's a PC game. We've played it in our pc. OS might be compatible starting from windows 2000.
I really hope someone could help me.
leapdr
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

20s Sci-fi Real-time strategy game

Post by MrFlibble »

leapdr wrote: 3. MOST IMPORTANTLY there are spider unit(I don't know if they're robots). But unfortunately, these are not just the available units for battle.
4. The Spider units I think is called "Rippers/Reapers", and as I remember, when they spawn, they say in a robotic tone: "Reaper's Online".
There's a spider-like unit called Cyborg Reaper in Tiberian Sun: Firestorm, but the rest of what you describe is not very consistent with the features of that game.
leapdr wrote: 9. FINALLY, as I remember, you CAN "PILOT UNITS".
You mean you can control any unit from the first-person view? Like in Battlezone?

Try the following titles:
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
Incoming
Incoming Forces
Maelstrom

If your game is none of those, please tell how different or similar your game is to the above.
leapdr

Post by leapdr »

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it's not in the list you have provided, however,

1. It's similar with Tiberian Sun: Firestorm, a strategy game. Furthermore, the setup is basically from other planets (mostly something like moon terrain). You start with a small visibility of the map, then you can explore further. MOST IMPORTANTLY the main resource comes from oil platforms, rectangular in shape something like in this URL (kindly remove the whitespaces .
ht tps://w7.pngwing. com/pngs/406/906/png-transparent-petroleum-industry-derrick-oil-platform-oil-rig-derrick-miscellaneous-angle-company.png
Sorry, I can't put the image directly since I'm a new user.

2. Yes, like Battlezone, I remembered a scene where I control this engineer-robot, I got through my building I just built. However, I barely remember controlling an aircraft within the game.

(Rippers/Reapers) Spider unit I think is the most thing that I remember. So you can produce many of this kind, they're round shaped, head on center, weapon besides head and just above legs. You can produce them with:
1. A machine gun on it
2. Two machine guns on it (left and right).
3. One laser beam (similar location)
4. Or two laser beams (left and right)

I'm sorry if I'm being desperate yet seems not being consistent with the game features and description but these are all I can remember :cry: .
leapdr
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Looks like a Warzone 2100 ripoff/clone.