90’s P.C. game - changed words in popular fairy tales to make them funny

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
NexivRed

90’s P.C. game - changed words in popular fairy tales to make them funny

Post by NexivRed »

Hey. I'm looking for a game I played in the 1990s. At least Windows 3.1 but I can't be sure.

When booted up, the window couldn't be maximised. It was a small screen in the centre with a pixel image of a woodland clearing.
There were several creatures, and if you moused over them, they would move slightly and a speech bubble would appear with the name of a fairy tale.

There was definitely:
Hansel and Gretal
Cinderella
Little Red Ridinghood
...and others.

There was also library of words (unavailable in just the demo version) broken up into nouns and adjectives (maybe also verbs). You could add as many words as you liked.

Then you chose a fairy tale, and whether you wanted it normal, half twisted, or fully twisted. Depending on the choice, a volume of normal words would be swapped out for other words from the library, giving a humorous effect.
For example: "The king and queen where to throw a ball for the Prince, who had recently returned from the corner shop".
You were also able to choose a new name for the hero and/or heroine.

The game played out as just an image of a book with the text of the story. You clicked on the pages to move through the book.

I could have sworn the game was called "Twisted Tales", but nothing ever comes up when I try and search.

Please help me find it. My sister and I spent many hours laughing at our own immaturity with these silly stories, and now I'm a mum, it's time my kids got to enjoy it as well.

Thank you so much.