80s game, each level ends with rescueing someone, bomb the walls (do not touch red walls), unused time bonus

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
jdesigner

80s game, each level ends with rescueing someone, bomb the walls (do not touch red walls), unused time bonus

Post by jdesigner »

Hello everybody,
This is my first post and I apologize in advance if I make a mistake.
I have been looking for a game I played in 1988s. My other favourite games I was lucky to find the names (Galaga / River Raid/ Phoenix / Pacman). This I could not find anywhere, and I would be grateful if you could help me.
In the game, you are a person resembling a robot. Your aim is to reach a person that is sitting on the ground (assume hostage)? When you reach the person, the level ends, you get bonus for unused time, and next level starts.
You hit obstacles on the way, the most basic is the walls. When you pull your joystick (i.e. down arrow) you drop a bomb, and move little bit away, to explode/eliminate the wall. If the wall is red, you need to make sure not to touch it (or you die).
You had three lives/tries if I remember correctly. I would assume you restart the level you were when you die if you have lives left.
Each level, the game got harder. Sometimes you have to get through the gap that opens and closes; you have to time yourself to go between the gap when it starts to open (both sides walls that comes together and away in a periodic fashion. In later stages, you have to go on the sea without drowning. If you push your joystick up (i.e. the up arrow), you stay in the air for couple of seconds. That's how you used to position yourself not to get drawn (if you touch the sea), but also not to touch any red wall on the top of the sea (so you have to carefully pass through). There also were sharks towards in the sea, so timing was crucial to pass those obstacles.
That's all I could remember. Hope it is sufficient and/or someone had the same passion for this game as I did ;)
Cheers