Windows Children Education Game ‘98-‘00

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
nostalgicAquarius

Windows Children Education Game ‘98-‘00

Post by nostalgicAquarius »

game had 6 disks, each with different theme for games-i only remember one was about something to do with "in the sky" and included games about being a water droplet going through the water cycle and a game about transforming into different types of birds using magic gems, one of them was about engineering/inventing and included a rube-golderg-esque design sequence to try to get a task done which included steps like filling up a tub with water or lighting a candle, and the only other one i remember had to do with some sort of spy character going through different levels and talking about breaking codes, including using pig latin and morse code.

across all 6 disks there were two charaters who guided the player through the main home screen - one was a blackbird (with glasses maybe?) and the other was a fox. they would burst through the main screen as if it were a canvas backdrop, there would be witty banter between the two, and then they would disappear back into the holes until the player selected one of the themed games to play. i don't remember names or any of the dialogue.

the only other detail i remember about any of the games has to do with a screen that played right before each of the main home screens - a spring would enter from one side, land center screen, bounce off to the opposite side of the screen, and a sound bite would play of a "BOING". i don't remember if this was for a logo, or had something to do with the loading, i just remember if i put the disk in and it took a long time between the opening logo screen and the spring screen i had to reload because the drive wasn't reading the disk properly (i was still in single digit age range, i was hell on a disk).

i have tried describing these details to family memebers, but sadly, they don't remember any of the computer games i had at that age except for the virtual storybook games, and i know it wasn't one of those, none of the characters were affiliated with disney.

any help or direction you might point me in would be appreciated, i'm starting to feel like i hallucinated a huge part of my childhood development, as this mini collection of games is what made me fall in love with codebreaking and engineering