Star Trek [Again] - DOS - Mid 90s Text Mode + CGA/EGA

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
twlomega

Star Trek [Again] - DOS - Mid 90s Text Mode + CGA/EGA

Post by twlomega »

Okay first off, Hello!
Second, I have gone through the trekcore list: (trekcore dot com/alpha_list.html)
at least, as best as I can. but I still can't seem to find this -- there is a lot, and it's possible it's there, but I've just missed it when going through the list.

There was a free star trek game, going around through BBS file sharing in the mid 90s, that I've literally been trying to find again for 23 years, with no Luck. This is my first time posting on a forum.

As it's been 23 years, I can't for the life of me remember what it was actually called, but, I can absolutely describe (show) you what it looked like. The game ran either in pure text mode, or CGA/EGA; using ascii characters for graphics in both modes.

You flew the enterprise around the screen, each screen was a sector, and could fire torpedoes at klingons and star bases, it was like a side scroller.

The enterprise looked like this (depending on if you were moving left/right):

Code: Select all

==*_-+-      -+-_*==
(with the astrix centered on the equals, representative the bussard collector, and a division symbol, instead of a + for the center of the saucer (I tried to use it, but the forum reports it as invalid characters ;))) and when you fired torpedoes they would be represented by astrixes and scroll along the screen.

could there actually be anyone in this world besides me who remembers this game? :)

Thanks.