Looking for Point n Click Puzzle Game (DOS/Win95)

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
BlScOfDe

Post by BlScOfDe »

Hi all,

i'm looking for the name of an old game i've played ages ago.

It's kinda a MYST-like game in terms of puzzles and graphics.

The story revolves around a couple people stranded on an alien planet. The goal is to get the spaceship working again and leave this world.
The landing place is in a circular mountain range or crater and an elevated spot in the middle where the spaceship stands. Some force field bridges connect the inner and outer part of the landscape. One puzzle is to mess with the circuit of such a bridge to get it working again. Also there is some type of creature on the other side that will try to hunt you down, but you just had to simply turn the forcefield brind off for a second to let the beast fall to it's death.

On the planet can be found some green substance that can resurrect the dead. It was used in one puzzle where you had to combine a bomb and the remains of a turtle like creature, resurrect it with this green goo (it grows back all it's tissues) and wait for a plesiosaurs like creature to eat it and explode (makes this ocean/lake passage traversable) .
There is also an option to resurrect one of your female crew members. But she'd told you to never do it because an other guy went crazy when got ressurected. I think she will run off a cliff if you resurrected her.

I hope someone recognize it or can point me in the right direction :)
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

This is definitely 'The Dig'. The resurrection of the fossilised turtle is one of the puzzles I remember.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dig

You and 'FoldArt' are looking for the same game, I suspect.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25893
BlScOfDe

Post by BlScOfDe »

Thank you so much Rwolf,

i remembered it a bit different, maybe mixed it up with other games, but yes, this is definitely it.