[FOUND - Croc 2] Platforming Action/Adventure oldie, PC/Gamecube early 2000s, Banjo-esque

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Bravados

[FOUND - Croc 2] Platforming Action/Adventure oldie, PC/Gamecube early 2000s, Banjo-esque

Post by Bravados »

Hello! I was just watching an old Dunkey game review of Yooka Laylee, and he uses footage from the original Banjo Kazooie game, and the graphics reminded me of a similar game that i'm now desperate to remember!

(Some layout of it) - Banjo Kazooie-esque - the graphics were very similar, where you go to new locations that vary greatly compared to the previous, each ending with a boss fight.

Friends - Your protagonist adventures alone, BUT you are there to help these smaller beings (I think of Chao's from Sonic when I try to remember them)

Locations/Bosses - There are three locations and two bosses I can remember. The starting area is tropical, theres mechanics like climbing vines against the walls etc. and there's a part where you go down a mineshaft there. The boss for that area, you have to go down to this big sewer pipe, and in there you'll go up against this pirate boss on their ship, I *know* he/she is in a stereotypical pirate captain get-up, but I *think* they were a squid of sorts.
Another area, I dont remember if its a gloomy area, or more like a mining town area, the boss fight there is a big plant monster in the center of this crater with roots all over (Imagine a piranha plant from Mario, but VERY big).
And the last area I can remember, is like a floating land place, where the nursery for these smaller beings you have to help is, and theres baby versions of them there.

PLOT - I dont recall your protagonist very well, for some reason Spyro comes to mind, but this protagonist is bi-pedal. You start the game unconscious on a raft and wash up ashore, where youre introduced to these much smaller beings that are easily picked on (I visualize Chao's from sonic when I try to think of them), theyre in need of help and youre grateful to. You go through various zones platforming and adventuring taking out monsters and helping this little Chao beings no longer be harassed. Doing quests/adventures till it leads up to them telling you to go fight a boss, like the Pirate Captain and Piranha Plant I mentioned earlier.

Any help on finding out what this game is would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

EDIT: I've found the game while meandering through some stuff online!!! Croc 2 was a lot of fun for me when I was a kid, if anyone is interested in it you should check it out!