3D open-world(kind of) Spaceship Shooter (WIN98/XP)

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
blckbear

Post by blckbear »

Hello, I'm looking for a game I used to play around 2004-2005. I played it most probaby on WIN98, maybe XP, the PC may have had a Pentium III or IV.
As it was played on 98/XP it could have been a DOS game, even though I think looked better than most 3D DOS games.

The game was a 3D spaceship shooter, dogfight style, with big levels. The game is probably from the end of the 90s o the beginning of the 2000s.

The details I remember are:
- You control a spaceship (I'm not really sure if it was and FPS or third person shooter)
- One level I remember (because of its extreme difficulty, at least for a 5 year old me) was one that seemed to be a lava planet, or most probably the sun as it was in space. It had what seemed to be giant coronal loops (those 'fire' arcs on the suns surface) that you had to avoid crashing into.
- There was a final boss that looked like a giant fire ant that spits fire and I think it also threw stuff like rocks at you.

That's all I remember, any help is appreciated.

I've already taken a look at Terminal Velocity (DOS) and it's pretty similar in style, but I don't think that's the game I'm looking for.
dr_st
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by dr_st »

Maybe one of the similar games here?
https://www.giantbomb.com/terminal-velo ... lar-games/