PC [1994-98] Real time tactical similar to Close Combat but set in Vietnam war..

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
tasteofsteam

PC [1994-98] Real time tactical similar to Close Combat but set in Vietnam war..

Post by tasteofsteam »

Platform(s):PC, either Windows 95/98 or Dos.

Genre:Top down 2D Vietnam War RTT.

Estimated year of release:Mid 90's.

Graphics/art style:Detail level similar to close combat.

Notable characters:Could play either as Americans or Vietcong.

Notable gameplay mechanics:Gameplay was similar to Close Combat. You could place your troops and then play through the scenario in real time. American side started out with a personnel carrier driving up to a village. You had to clear out the Vietcong. Playing as the Vietcong, you had to ambush and defeat the Americans.

Other details:I only played the demo version of this game. I believe the full version contained scenario's from different conflicts. Either the American Revolution or the American civil war.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I'm thinking more of strategy games when it comes to shifting war scenarios, like Norm Koger's Art of War, which have several settings.
The other games I've played with Vietnam/Vietcong settings were FPS games, much later.
tasteofsteam

Post by tasteofsteam »

I believe the game was on a shareware/game collection disc. It's possible the second scenario was never made/released. It was advertised when you completed the Vietnam mission. I'm at a loss of where else to search for this game. The only other person I knew who played it has been dead for close to ten years :-(