PlayStation 2 or GameCube, young boy & professor

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Browniepop167

PlayStation 2 or GameCube, young boy & professor

Post by Browniepop167 »

I played this game about 10 to 12 years ago, not 100% certain if it was on PlayStation 2 or GameCube (I'm really thinking GameCube). For the record, it is not ChibiRobo.
The main character is a young boy, however he lives in his own in this tall stone ruin, and must visit a professor once a week on Sunday so as to go inside this lab thing that I guess updates his system or whatever, as he isn't human he's some type or robot but you can't tell by looking at him. You don't play in first person, it's third person with a static screen. On the roof of the ruins there are these stone squares that are raised up and you can put gems you find in some sort of mine(can't remember if you access it from the ruins or elsewhere, I do believe it's the ruins) I'm not sure what having all of them does as I never got to collect them. There's also a few other children I believe to look the same age as the main character, but there's not a large amount of association. For such an old game it did have some beautiful details, at one point you get to witness a beautiful sunset on the rooftop of your ruins. There is also a few cherry blossom trees. Inside the ruins in the area your character lives, you only see the small area in which you live and all around is just black, as if there are no walls. There's a small kitchen for you to make meals, a bed, and a table and chairs; there's also a tv in which you can watch around 4 distinct shows, one is something titled to do with melancholy, one was cooking I do believe, one reminded me somewhat of power rangers (but not quite) and I don't remember the other. I don't remember many details about the gameplay itself as it's been so long, but I can 100% tell what the game is by seeing it, if anyone knows even remotely what I could be talking about that would be wonderful.
cal

Title unknown for game I played around 10-12 years ago !

Post by cal »

it sounds like innocent life a futuristic harvest moon, it's on playstation 2